Problems with running the game

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Loosehugs
COMMUNITY NEWB

Re: Problems with running the game

Post by Loosehugs » 1 year ago

Also having this problem. Crashing after i create a multiplayer game or choose my difficultly for SP

Lektor63
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Lektor63 » 1 year ago

I just got the game installed and this same issue occurs. Whenever I try to start a game and choose a difficulty or host a mp game the game suddenly crashes. The game also crashes if I try to change any of the graphics settings. I've noticed the crash occurs when video starts to play. This happens on both bond.exe and bond2.exe.

I tried installing the indeocodecs but the installer told me that the software is already up to date so I couldn't proceed any further.

I've tried running bond2.exe in compatability mode and making the game borderless and/or windowed and it sadly does nothing.

Is there a way I can retrieve a failure report from Windows and send it to someone here?

I am running on Windows 10, have an Intel i5 processor, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card.

Any help we can get is highly appreciated. I recently got the game out of nostalgia and I'm eager to play it again.

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 1 year ago

Try with the latest released patch

TrashBoi98
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by TrashBoi98 » 2 weeks ago

Sorry for replying to something that's over a a year old. I'm having this same exact issue too. However, the game doesn't crash when uninstalling and reinstalling from an original CD without any patches.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 2 weeks ago

TrashBoi98 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Sorry for replying to something that's over a a year old. I'm having this same exact issue too. However, the game doesn't crash when uninstalling and reinstalling from an original CD without any patches.
For Singleplayer that would be fine but with the old version the server list for multiplayer would not load.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.