Problems with running the game

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Loosehugs
COMMUNITY NEWB

Re: Problems with running the game

Post by Loosehugs » 5 months ago

Also having this problem. Crashing after i create a multiplayer game or choose my difficultly for SP

Lektor63
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Lektor63 » 2 months ago

I just got the game installed and this same issue occurs. Whenever I try to start a game and choose a difficulty or host a mp game the game suddenly crashes. The game also crashes if I try to change any of the graphics settings. I've noticed the crash occurs when video starts to play. This happens on both bond.exe and bond2.exe.

I tried installing the indeocodecs but the installer told me that the software is already up to date so I couldn't proceed any further.

I've tried running bond2.exe in compatability mode and making the game borderless and/or windowed and it sadly does nothing.

Is there a way I can retrieve a failure report from Windows and send it to someone here?

I am running on Windows 10, have an Intel i5 processor, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card.

Any help we can get is highly appreciated. I recently got the game out of nostalgia and I'm eager to play it again.

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 2 months ago

Try with the latest released patch