Download Issues  [SOLVED]

Users can help other users here with Nightfire Source related questions.
Forum rules
For your own privacy, never share personal information or passwords and account information. Report a topic that contains private information, or where a user is asked to leave such information.

Do not send your support needs using the PM system. Open a new topic if you have an issue related to the game. Do not bump old topics which are marked solved.
User avatar

Topic author
ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE
Posts: 84
Joined: 4 years ago

Download Issues

Post by ClassicBondForever » 4 years ago

Greetings, fellows. I'm new here and this is my very first post. I'm a dedicated fan to Classic James Bond only (1962-2004) and avid fan of "Nightfire" the video game, specially the PC version. However, I'm not going to lie to you that "nightfire reloaded" project through youtube has brought me here. I'm having problems with downloading the game. When I'm trying to download it, the window says "the content isn't available in your region". Can you people help me out, please? Much appreciate it. Thank you.
Dry Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.

User avatar

Kenny.tw
_
_
Posts: 148
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Download Issues  [SOLVED]

Post by Kenny.tw » 4 years ago

If you read an other post you would you read that it is only avaible in Turkmenistan.

Well, I will post it here to, Nightfire Source is still in a very earlier statement. The game is not complete and that is also the reason why there is no public download avaible yet. Only the developers have access to Nightfire Source.
The regular Bond / Nightfire gamer has to wait for an offical release date, which isn't planned yet.

Beside that, we are not against or with the Nightfire Reloaded project, that project is fake. This one is real, or atleast we already made a little start. It doesn't matter where you from or how you found it, we are glad you did found it. Enjoy your stay, feel free to comment.

User avatar

Topic author
ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE
Posts: 84
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Download Issues

Post by ClassicBondForever » 4 years ago

Thanks for the information, my friend. I'll be waiting for the main release version. By the way, bro, I'm a low-ranking writer, so if you want to improve the storyline a bit, I'll be there to help you out and to provide you with an outstanding storyline. Previously, I have written my own Nightfire fan fiction, which combined elements from both the console version and the PC version. I'll be very glad to help. Cheers, mate. Thanks, again.
Dry Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.

User avatar

Kenny.tw
_
_
Posts: 148
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Download Issues

Post by Kenny.tw » 4 years ago

ClassicBondForever wrote:Thanks for the information, my friend. I'll be waiting for the main release version. By the way, bro, I'm a low-ranking writer, so if you want to improve the storyline a bit, I'll be there to help you out and to provide you with an outstanding storyline. Previously, I have written my own Nightfire fan fiction, which combined elements from both the console version and the PC version. I'll be very glad to help. Cheers, mate. Thanks, again.
By changing the story the hole singleplayer must be changed to. And so long the multiplayer Nightfire Source isn't done yet, we won't start with the singleplayer, in fact there are, so far, no plans for single player either.
But well, if you want to help, sign up in the "jobs" section of the forum, so that we can decide if you really can help us yes or no :)

User avatar

click4dylan
_
_
Posts: 334
Joined: 4 years ago
Contact:

Re: Download Issues

Post by click4dylan » 4 years ago

There is an unused cutscene on the PC version called m6_glasselevator.avi and it completely contradicts everything about the existing storyline. I always wondered how it would have fit in with the story and what would have happened. It shows bond in what looks like m4_infiltrate07, punching a yakuza out of the penthouse elevator. Then a bunch of yakuza at what looks like m6_escape03 plants a bunch of c4 on the building and blows it all up.

There are also unused yakuza english files in the assets saying 'Where are the rest of those charges?' and some japanese words that I've been unable to translate properly due to their accent/yelling/etc

Also there are a ton of female worker sound files that could have been in m6_escape or m4_infiltrate

User avatar

Topic author
ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE
Posts: 84
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Download Issues

Post by ClassicBondForever » 4 years ago

Kenny.tw wrote:By changing the story the hole singleplayer must be changed to. And so long the multiplayer Nightfire Source isn't done yet, we won't start with the singleplayer, in fact there are, so far, no plans for single player either.
But well, if you want to help, sign up in the "jobs" section of the forum, so that we can decide if you really can help us yes or no :)
I will, as a writer, of course. I'll be waiting till you give me the green light, mate. Thanks.
click4dylan wrote:There is an unused cutscene on the PC version called m6_glasselevator.avi and it completely contradicts everything about the existing storyline. I always wondered how it would have fit in with the story and what would have happened. It shows bond in what looks like m4_infiltrate07, punching a yakuza out of the penthouse elevator. Then a bunch of yakuza at what looks like m6_escape03 plants a bunch of c4 on the building and blows it all up.

There are also unused yakuza english files in the assets saying 'Where are the rest of those charges?' and some japanese words that I've been unable to translate properly due to their accent/yelling/etc

Also there are a ton of female worker sound files that could have been in m6_escape or m4_infiltrate
I know, I've spotted that cutscene too. Yes, it was clearly a "deleted scene" from the final cut. But, do you remember in "High Treason" level, when you're engaged in a firefight with the yazukas and commandos at the stairwell, a certain level of a ground was blown up, and I suspect it was being replaced with the "m6_glasselevator.avi" scene. Oh, by the way, is there an additional unused file of the Bond model in there?
Image
Because as far as I know, this model was used in Agent Under Fire video game, and was going to be used in Nighfire, as well, however until Pierce Brosnan replaced him when he renewed his contract with EON Productions. Do you think there would be an unused file of that man in the Nightfire data files?
Dry Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.

User avatar

click4dylan
_
_
Posts: 334
Joined: 4 years ago
Contact:

Re: Download Issues

Post by click4dylan » 4 years ago

yes, that model is included in the game and was used before a real model of brosnan was made. you can see it used in some early screenshots of the game. and the c4 in m6_escape doesn't make sense either. why would yakuza just randomly place c4 on their own building? it was never explained. i think that was simply leftover from what used to be the original storyline and left in there since it was elaborate and looked cool. plus, the floor at which yakuza placed c4 in the cutscene was completely in the opposite direction of where bond was in the stairs, and a much higher floor

User avatar

Topic author
ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE
Posts: 84
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Download Issues

Post by ClassicBondForever » 4 years ago

click4dylan wrote:yes, that model is included in the game and was used before a real model of brosnan was made. you can see it used in some early screenshots of the game. and the c4 in m6_escape doesn't make sense either. why would yakuza just randomly place c4 on their own building? it was never explained. i think that was simply leftover from what used to be the original storyline and left in there since it was elaborate and looked cool. plus, the floor at which yakuza placed c4 in the cutscene was completely in the opposite direction of where bond was in the stairs, and a much higher floor
Good call. I agree with you about the custscene, it was a left-over element like you said. Well, many elements were missing from the final release game. I've downloaded the original demo for Nightfire PC a few months ago to see if there were differences from that version. Well, I noticed the HUD had completely different and cooler aspect than the final release version had, and you had to carry lots of guns instead of just four guns, but you still had to carry each gun you could have collected in the multiplayer mode. And have you also noticed that there was an objective included in the demo and was missing in the final release version? Such as when you got to Mayhew's office to destroy his computer, there was Rook's files placed on his desk and you were tasked to photograph it, but the final version cut that bit out. And also, the watch had completely different design in the demo than the final version. Anyway, are you thinking of using that old Bond model from Nightfire? That would be really pleasing if you would. I really would appreciate it. Cheers, mate.
Dry Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.

User avatar

click4dylan
_
_
Posts: 334
Joined: 4 years ago
Contact:

Re: Download Issues

Post by click4dylan » 4 years ago

i have an even earlier version than the PUBLIC demo that i can give you if you want. it doesn't have any secrets in it, they are completely missing, it has security cameras on m3_japan03, the lighting is different, the weapon effects and water effects are vastly better, there is no rain, the menu is way different with buttons in totally different places, the multiplayer menu includes real bond and teamkilling kick feature, among other things

User avatar

Topic author
ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE
Posts: 84
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Download Issues

Post by ClassicBondForever » 4 years ago

click4dylan wrote:i have an even earlier version than the PUBLIC demo that i can give you if you want. it doesn't have any secrets in it, they are completely missing, it has security cameras on m3_japan03, the lighting is different, the weapon effects and water effects are vastly better, there is no rain, the menu is way different with buttons in totally different places, the multiplayer menu includes real bond and teamkilling kick feature, among other things
Please, mate. I want it, please. It would be really interesting to explore what did Nightfire contain in the past. I wonder if it's Brosnan's Bond in there or the other Bond from Agent Under Fire. It would be really awesome to take a look at it. Can't wait for the file, bro. Thank you, by the way.
Dry Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest