Game Crashing  [SOLVED]

Users can help other users here with Nightfire Source related questions.
Forum rules
For your own privacy, never share personal information or passwords and account information. Report a topic that contains private information, or where a user is asked to leave such information.

Do not send your support needs using the PM system. Open a new topic if you have an issue related to the game. Do not bump old topics which are marked solved.

Topic author
MaxPower1716
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Game Crashing

Post by MaxPower1716 » 2 years ago

Since I downloaded the latest update I have been having some problems with crashing. When I start the game It goes to the loading screen then sits there for a while and crashes. I followed the instruction here to download viewtopic.php?f=4&t=239&start=80 . Any help would be much appreciated.
"There's always a new challenge to keep you motivated." Sean Connery

Shin
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Re: Game Crashing

Post by Shin » 2 years ago

Would be great if you can provide some screenshots/video as a proof; You can always use imgur.com/tinypic.com. I'll forward your issue anyways, stay tuned for a reply.

Topic author
MaxPower1716
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Alright I will make a video of the problem. Hopefully it will make it easier to diagnose.

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 2 years ago

Will be releasing new version soon

Topic author
MaxPower1716
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Sounds good,thanks for the help.

Topic author
MaxPower1716
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

I am still having the same problems as I did before, I downloaded the latest update and updated the datacenter. I tried to record a video of the problem but whenever I switch over to the game my recording software stops. I tried multiple softwares, so I think it is the game making it stop.

click4dylan
_
_

Re: Game Crashing  [SOLVED]

Post by click4dylan » 2 years ago

Make sure you've updated to the upcoming beta of Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer. if you already are, i can't imagine why this is happening. Try rightclicking on Nightfire Source - properties - Set Launch Options

Enter this: -window -w 1024 -h 768 +map dm_japan

See if that works. If not try adding -dxlevel 81 at the end. Also try downloading this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35 If this still doesn't work, we'll have to set up a time when I can connect to your computer through Teamviewer to debug it