Nightfire Source doesn't show up in Steam  [SOLVED]

Users can help other users here with Nightfire Source related questions.
Forum rules
For your own privacy, never share personal information or passwords and account information. Report a topic that contains private information, or where a user is asked to leave such information.

Do not send your support needs using the PM system. Open a new topic if you have an issue related to the game. Do not bump old topics which are marked solved.

Topic author
Eponox
COMMUNITY NEWB

Nightfire Source doesn't show up in Steam

Post by Eponox » 2 years ago

Hey,

I'm trying to get Nightfire Source to work but I'm having a bit of trouble with it.
Using Tortoise I downloaded up until the most recent update, which in my case is revision 23. The folder I downloaded it in is "..\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\nightfiresource\". I installed the Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer through Steam's tools. Nightfire: Source does not show up in my gamelist on Steam however. Maybe I'm missing an obvious point here, if so please tell me.

Ignacio
_
_

Re: Nightfire Source doesn't show up in Steam

Post by Ignacio » 2 years ago

Close steam by right clicking the tray icon and reopen it, you should see Nightfire Source on your games list after reopening steam.
Nightfire: Source - Discord

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 2 years ago

try restarting steam, this usually fixes that.

just to clarify, steam will show Nightfire Source in your games list if it finds this file:

steam/steamapps/sourcemods/nightfiresource/gameinfo.txt

Topic author
Eponox
COMMUNITY NEWB

Restarting Steam was actually the first thing I tried when it didn't work. This did not resolve the issue however.
Here's a screenshot of the directory. Might I add that I originally did not have a folder for sourcemods, I added it myself but I don't think that's the problem. Before I did all of this I already had Counter Strike: Source installed, now I don't know if that has anything to do with it at all though. I have no clue what's going wrong cause I think I did exactly what the download/installation thread told me to. I updated it again today so it's currently at revision 26.

click4dylan
_
_

move everything into the nightfiresource folder. thats your problem

Topic author
Eponox
COMMUNITY NEWB

I'm not quite sure what you mean, in the nightfiresource folder I used tortoise to download all the files included. When you say "everything" does this include anything else than those files?

click4dylan
_
_

Re: Nightfire Source doesn't show up in Steam  [SOLVED]

You have an old copy of nightfiresource in the nightfiresource folder. Delete everything in the nightfiresource folder. Then drag and drop everything in the sourcemods folder to the nightfiresource folder.

Topic author
Eponox
COMMUNITY NEWB

So it didn't work because I had in the wrong folder. I have 2 folders called Steam, one with but a few games and the other which is the actual installation folder of steam. Turns out I was in the wrong Steam folder all the time. It's fixed now though, thanks for the help and maybe I'll see online sometime. :D

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 2 years ago

Great! Hope you stay on the forums with us and see you in the game. ;)
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

the11thdoctor14
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by the11thdoctor14 » 2 years ago

I have the same issue, I installed it in the sourcemods folder and steam cant find the game, why??

Added in 5 minutes 17 seconds:
Sorry, I fixed it, nvm. Sorry to bother you.....