Adding bots  [SOLVED]

Users can help other users here with Nightfire Source related questions.
Forum rules
For your own privacy, never share personal information or passwords and account information. Report a topic that contains private information, or where a user is asked to leave such information.

Do not send your support needs using the PM system. Open a new topic if you have an issue related to the game. Do not bump old topics which are marked solved.

Topic author
bigboss93
COMMUNITY NEWB

Adding bots  [SOLVED]

Post by bigboss93 » 1 year ago

I remembered that in Nightfire PC version, you were able to use some codes and cheats by console. So I run the Nightfire Source and set up my server. I tried to add bots, but I didn't know where I should type bot_add. Is there some console where to type that or should I download the same thing that was available in Nightfire?

I took a screenshot where you can see what I mean.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: Adding bots

Post by Rise2Shine » 1 year ago

Nightfire Source has bots but they are in a very early test phase due to it being very difficult to programme. Bots are controlled with 'bot_add' and "bot_count" console commands.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
bigboss93
COMMUNITY NEWB

Okay, thanks for answering! But how can I find that console or make it available?

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 1 year ago

Game menu > Options > Keyboard > Advanced, make sure that Enable Developers Console or something like that has been marked on. I guess the standard key to open it up will be ~ (`) (left side of number 1 and under ESC (For QWERTY at least)).

Please let me know if you managed to find it.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
bigboss93
COMMUNITY NEWB

I tried it and it didn't work. It was actually enabled already and I tried earlier that same key.

CoherentBass
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by CoherentBass » 1 year ago

If you're referring to adding them to a dedicated server, you will need to either do it through the rcon command in-game through the console or input the bot_add command directly into the server console. As far as creating a game from the main menu goes though, you should be able to execute "sv_cheats 1" and "bot_add" while in-game without a problem.

EDIT: I've included a guide on how to access and use the console in Garry's Mod, another Source mod, just in case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V49dheV9Itg