Can't see any servers  [SOLVED]

Users can help other users here with Nightfire Source related questions.
Forum rules
For your own privacy, never share personal information or passwords and account information. Report a topic that contains private information, or where a user is asked to leave such information.

Do not send your support needs using the PM system. Open a new topic if you have an issue related to the game. Do not bump old topics which are marked solved.

Topic author
Agent Windell
COMMUNITY NEWB

Can't see any servers

Post by Agent Windell » 4 years ago

Downloaded the mod yesterday and couldn't get it to work until tonight. I created a new server for myself and ran around and shot the walls a bit and it all seems jolly good. However, when I go into the server browser, there are no servers listed under the internet tab.

How can I fix this? Are there no servers up at the moment? I'd love to play this with friends, seeing as the aiming is superior in this mod compared to GoldenEye: Source.

Thanks on beforehand for any replies.

soupcan
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Re: Can't see any servers

Post by soupcan » 4 years ago

There aren't any servers up normally. You can forward your ports and host in-game (the easy way), or host a server by downloading AppID 310 through SteamCMD and setting a DS up manually.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: Can't see any servers  [SOLVED]

Post by Rise2Shine » 3 years ago

Agent Windell wrote:Downloaded the mod yesterday and couldn't get it to work until tonight. I created a new server for myself and ran around and shot the walls a bit and it all seems jolly good. However, when I go into the server browser, there are no servers listed under the internet tab.

How can I fix this? Are there no servers up at the moment? I'd love to play this with friends, seeing as the aiming is superior in this mod compared to GoldenEye: Source.

Thanks on beforehand for any replies.
Hello Agent Windell,

I would like to explain why you won't see any online server at the moment. This mod is still under development and the version you downloaded is an early alpha version and not even close to the final product.

Sometimes there is a test server online, but I recommend you to wait for the next test release to play with a few other testers and there will be some test servers up by then.

Thank you for your interest.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
Agent Windell
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Agent Windell » 3 years ago

That makes sense. I had no idea how long this mod has been in development for, so I figured there was just a bug with the Steam server browser.

Thanks for your reply. I'll be sure to follow this mod.

Source Nightfire
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Source Nightfire » 2 years ago

I didnt know how to get servers ?

Added in 55 seconds:
Lol