Beta testers...

General talk about the Nightfire: Source mod.

Topic author
Kumelowski
COMMUNITY NEWB

Beta testers...

Post by Kumelowski » 2 years ago

Kind of a silly question, but will beta testers eventually receive a unique little icon next to their name? I know goldeneye: source did this and I just figured it'd be a cool little bonus to us beta testers.

Pixieee

Re: Beta testers...

Post by Pixieee » 2 years ago

I've just checked this with an administrator. We do not really 'work' with beta testers. The alpha and beta updates are free to play for anyone. Should we credit them all?

Also, most just register so they can download the game but don't bother at all to stay on this forum and communicate. Do they deserve such a thing?

Topic author
Kumelowski
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Kumelowski » 2 years ago

Well it couldn't hurt to credit those who do participate. Besides, a little beta tester badge could boost participation. Additionally, it'd be great if there was some kind of registry of bugs/glitches/ect. that have already been reported, so people don't end up reporting the same issues over and over.

Pixieee

Post by Pixieee » 2 years ago

I understand what you're saying and it's not a bad idea. However, anyone who signed up till now just did so they can download the game from the private section. Should they all be credited?

If the admins decide to do this, they probably should require users to be active to let the community grow aswell.

Also, anyone can report any issue with the game here: viewforum.php?f=10 and anyone can see it and post updates.