Could NF Source include player taunts?

General talk about the Nightfire: Source mod.

Topic author
CBMI6
_
_

Could NF Source include player taunts?

Post by CBMI6 » 2 years ago

Hi,

Original Nightfire to me would have been better with character/player taunts so I was wondering if NF Source could include them instead? I think it would be funny and cool having people running around saying phrases for example Bond could say, "Bond, James Bond" and Goldfinger could say, "I expect you to die!". I hope something like this can be added to NF Source :)

Thanks for reading,

CBMI6.
"Coffee...the finest organic suspension ever devised" - Kathryn Janeway. Or in Nightfire's case, in a polystyrene cup with a straw!

click4dylan
_
_

Re: Could NF Source include player taunts?

Post by click4dylan » 2 years ago

That would get annoying really fast. But I could see where it would be fun to do it after a kill like sprays in counter strike. Only problem is we would have to get voice actors that sound like the real villians/bonds.

baggylotto
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Post by baggylotto » 2 years ago

what would Oddjob say? Oo (maybe just a grunt since he doesn't talk much ..lol)

Maxaxle
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Post by Maxaxle » 2 years ago

click4dylan wrote:That would get annoying really fast.
^This, a thousand times this.

MaxPower1716
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by MaxPower1716 » 2 years ago

I mean i guess.
"There's always a new challenge to keep you motivated." Sean Connery

Topic author
CBMI6
_
_

Post by CBMI6 » 2 years ago

click4dylan wrote:That would get annoying really fast. But I could see where it would be fun to do it after a kill like sprays in counter strike. Only problem is we would have to get voice actors that sound like the real villians/bonds.
Yeah it would get annoying but thats kinda why its fun lol. You might not need actors for most characters there are probably enough mission voice sounds for the Nightfire characters it's just people from the films maybe you could use your own voice talents lol

Added in 52 seconds:
baggylotto wrote:what would Oddjob say? Oo (maybe just a grunt since he doesn't talk much ..lol)
Lol he would just grunt I guess like in the film
"Coffee...the finest organic suspension ever devised" - Kathryn Janeway. Or in Nightfire's case, in a polystyrene cup with a straw!

Pixieee

Post by Pixieee » 2 years ago

CBMI6 wrote:
click4dylan wrote:That would get annoying really fast. But I could see where it would be fun to do it after a kill like sprays in counter strike. Only problem is we would have to get voice actors that sound like the real villians/bonds.
You might not need actors for most characters there are probably enough mission voice sounds for the Nightfire characters it's just people from the films
That's copyrighted files. Nightfire: Source is not allowed to use anything from the original game, that's why we're working with our own sound / music producers en designers.