Kenny = Q? Nightfire Source project? hello?

General talk about the Nightfire: Source mod.

Topic author
Kenny.tw
_
_

Kenny = Q? Nightfire Source project? hello?

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 years ago

Hey,
Last time I posted something is months ago. Not sure if I need to apologize for that, getting inactive without anyone letting know.
I got this idea yesterday when I was already half-sleeping (best ideas come when you in half-sleep mode ;) )
The idea was to recreate the grapple hook from Nightfire. I wanted to keep the cell-phone style. (I have seen in other Bond movies the grapple hook coming out his watch, looking pretty cool but I wanted an original Nightfire reference) So an upgrade cell-phone is smartphone, right? An Iphone based model to be exact with the hook coming out the sound hole. And than I was thinking about a taser getting out of the speaker / microphone holes on the Iphone. With a cool turn animation from taser to hook.
No sooner said than done, I started to create a prototype while in half-sleep mode (not a smart idea)
The idea started okay until I realized about the Iphone mod for Nightfire. The prototype was cooler in my mind than in 3D. haha

But that is not why I'm here. I wanted to know how it is going with the project. I can make a quick guess, still stuck with same problems as a few months ago. Or am I wrong? Is there any progress? And what is the top-priority? Maybe I can help, I'm little bit wiser than before.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: Kenny = Q? Nightfire Source project? hello?

Post by Rise2Shine » 3 years ago

You might want to talk to Dylan about the development progress. He is not very active on the forums at the moment! :?
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by UltimateSniper » 3 years ago

Gosh, why not a Nokia? Even Bond knows how indestructible they are, surely! :D
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki

ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by ClassicBondForever » 2 years ago

Love the idea, Kenny.
Dry Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.