Coding, Level Design

Apply for a job advertisement or send in an open application.
Forum rules
Topics (in this section) unanswered within 14 days will be automatically locked.

Topic author
x6herbius
COMMUNITY NEWB

Re: Coding, Level Design

Post by x6herbius » 4 years ago

Aloha!

In other news, I'm afraid I've had to back off on the personal projects front and lessen my workload for the moment because I'm dealing with some stuff that's gonna require counselling, so I'm needing to avoid pressure right now. :P Will hopefully be up and running again sometime soon.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by UltimateSniper » 4 years ago

You talk about yourself as though you're an engine... A GAME ENGINE :O
Just eat cake and be happy... :D
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki

Darth_Carlus
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Darth_Carlus » 3 years ago

Hello everyone!

I am really digging this project and am looking to get some experience.
My name is Carlo, I am 20 years old and am graduating in two months with an Associates in Game Design.(The 18month program gave me a Jack-of-all-trades experience, I'll be happy to do anything just nothing art related i cant draw or model other than buildings) I have a little experience working in Unity C#, Java and Action Script; i am looking to contribute and learn from you guys. (Seems like you guys know your stuff)

I am good at 3D Level Designing with Unity and Maya.

I would like to work in both level design and being an assistant for a programmer (I just need someone to help me learn C++ and I'm good to go)

I always played with my friends 4 man FFA Nightfire and Agent under Fire on the PS2, (We switched off depending on who's house we went to.) I got to play a quite a bit of the campaign as well.
Sieg Zeon

Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 years ago

Darth_Carlus wrote:Hello everyone!
I have a little experience working in Unity C#, Java and Action Script; i am looking to contribute and learn from you guys. (Seems like you guys know your stuff)

I am good at 3D Level Designing with Unity and Maya.
It is a bit weird to post this on herbius topic. But ok. Source engine is a C++ engine. C++ and C# they look the same but work different. If you can learn C# / JavaScript you won't have much problems with learning C++.
Unity 3D is a game editor like gamemaker, but it has nothing to do with the Source Engine. Experience with Maya is always usefull. However, level design is done in Hammer Editor. But prop models like lamps, chairs, tables, trees and also weapons and animations can be made in Maya.
Yeah I think you should contact Dylan skype: click4dylan

Darth_Carlus
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Darth_Carlus » 3 years ago

yea sorry about that, I don't know much of forum/board etiquette.
Sieg Zeon