Looking for a programming job

Apply for a job advertisement or send in an open application.
Forum rules
Topics (in this section) unanswered within 14 days will be automatically locked.

Topic author
oyasunadev
COMMUNITY NEWB

Looking for a programming job

Post by oyasunadev » 3 years ago

Hello, my name is Oliver. I'm 17 years old, been programming for about 5-6 years now. I take pride in not being another kid who learns a programming/scripting language for one sole purpose. Instead I enjoy starting from the ground up. Anyways, I have no formal résumé, but I'll do the best I can.

I've programmed primarily with Java over the past few years, coming from a few years of C++, this was obviously a piece of cake. I know Source is written in C++ so I'm willing to take the time to refresh my memory of C++. This shouldn't take more than a few weeks as I used to program in C++ only. I also have experience with LUA, mainly using Garry Newman's libraries for Garry's Mod's gamemode. But like I said before, I actually learned the basics of LUA instead of jumping into gamemodes. I will take the time to learn Source and will be open to suggestion.

I've worked on private projects in mainly Java with friends and my dad actually, so I do have experience in team projects.

Here is a link to my Github: https://github.com/oyasunadev. There isn't really a lot on there, I recently cleaned all my abandoned projects out. Nothing big is left on there, it's all saved locally. I'm not sure if that will help my cause but I'm linking it anyway.

I don't know if I have said everything I should. I'm really excited to hear back from you guys. I would love to work on this project in anyway possible. Please, if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. If you guys want to email me, my work email is oyasuna8@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys consider me for a programming position.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: Looking for a programming job

Post by Rise2Shine » 3 years ago

Thank you for your application. I've forwarded your message to click4dylan.

He'll reply to this thread as soon as possible.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Kenny.tw
_
_

Re: Looking for a programming job

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 years ago

Welcome to the team I guess, at this moment we can a programmer.