Weapon problem

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Topic author
Arwen1013
COMMUNITY NEWB

Weapon problem

Post by Arwen1013 » 1 year ago

Hi guys,
I'm playing NF on Windows 7 64bit. I launched the game and everything seemed to work at first. The only issue was the white screen instead of the videos. I installed the latest patch and also tried to install Indeo video codecs, but the installation screen would just freeze and get stuck.
When I tried to relaunch the game, white screen was still there, and in addition to that, neither of my weapons seemed to work. I can't hit the guards with guns or fists or any other way. I tried deleting all the files from the destination folder and then re-extracting them there, but the problem persisted.
Any ideas what might have gone wrong? I really want the game back! TA!

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: Weapon problem

Post by Rise2Shine » 1 year ago

I assume this is about the original PC title and not Nightfire: Source. Therefore the topic has been moved.

Did you probably download the classic game and follow the instructions for Nightfire: Source? I'll get the patch developer have a look at this topic for you.

Regards,
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

click4dylan
_
_

Re: Weapon problem

Post by click4dylan » 1 year ago

Rightclick on Bond2.exe, select properties, compatibility. Select compatibility mode for windows xp sp3. This will fix the movies. You will need to show me a screenshot or a video for the other issue though

Moved from (PC) General to (PC) Support on 1 year ago by Rise2Shine