Can't Walk

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Topic author
MahDryBread
COMMUNITY NEWB

Can't Walk

Post by MahDryBread » 11 months ago

Hey! So here's the rundown of my issue.

I'm using bond.exe (bond2 just crashes instantly for me) and I'm on patch 5.99, not using the Nvidia Graphics Corruption Fix.

Everything seems to work fine till I get into gameplay. I'm unable to walk in any direction even after remapping the controls. So far as I can tell, every other button works just fine.

Anyone know what I should try? Also is there any more information I can give you that would help you figure out the issue?

Oh and as an aside, does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the game's Mouse Acceleration? Sometimes it's referred to as "Enhanced Pointer Precision" I believe. A .ini folder perhaps? It's always frustrating when a game has built-in mouse acceleration.

Thanks for the help, have a nice day!

Kenny.tw
_
_

Re: Can't Walk

Post by Kenny.tw » 11 months ago

bind w "+forward"
bind s "+back"
bind a "+moveleft" (NOT +left, this will make your camera spin left)
bind d "+moveright" (NOT +right ^)

I believe the cl_forwardspeed / cl_backspeed / cl_sidespeed no longer have any function in NF
sv_maxspeed 250, although this should be standard.
Try a clean install or try with different keyboad

For mouse acceleration:
Spoiler: show
hit the wrench in the top right when starting bond.exe

or
DisableMouseAcceleration=true in launchersettings.txt

Topic author
MahDryBread
COMMUNITY NEWB

Re: Can't Walk

Post by MahDryBread » 11 months ago

I actually never noticed that launcher settings menu. All I did was disable mouse acceleration, switch to borderless, and disable controller support and suddenly I can walk! Thanks for the help!

I'm planning on live streaming this game with my community so I'm sure they'll really appreciate knowing where that settings menu is for when they play it.

Have a nice day!