Question about in game cut-scenes

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Topic author
Sboehm4
COMMUNITY NEWB

Question about in game cut-scenes

Post by Sboehm4 » 3 months ago

Hey everyone :) it's nice to see avid people out there still playing this amazing game. I have one question that I'm hoping someone can help clear up for me. For some reason the cut-scenes are really low res compared to the actual game play. I'm running the game in 1920x1080 like everyone is with no issues besides the cut-scenes. I'm going to guess this is something that is unable to be changed due to the game being from 2002. If there is a way to fix it could someone please let me know. Thanks so much :smile:

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: Question about in game cut-scenes

Post by Rise2Shine » 3 months ago

You could try to rightclick on Bond2.exe, select properties, compatibility. Select compatibility mode for windows xp sp3. This fixes most issues with movies. I am however not sure if this fixes issues such as low res.

Rgds,
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
Sboehm4
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Sboehm4 » 3 months ago

Hmm I'll try that and see if it helps in a bit :). Thanks :D

Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 months ago

Cut scenes are not actual in-game footage. They are pre-recorded movie files. They have a resolution of 512x384.
A possible fix would be to resize the movie files, but it would do no good to the quality.

Moved from (PC) General to (PC) Support on 2 months ago by Rise2Shine