Question about in game cut-scenes

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Topic author
Sboehm4
COMMUNITY NEWB

Question about in game cut-scenes

Post by Sboehm4 » 1 year ago

Hey everyone :) it's nice to see avid people out there still playing this amazing game. I have one question that I'm hoping someone can help clear up for me. For some reason the cut-scenes are really low res compared to the actual game play. I'm running the game in 1920x1080 like everyone is with no issues besides the cut-scenes. I'm going to guess this is something that is unable to be changed due to the game being from 2002. If there is a way to fix it could someone please let me know. Thanks so much :smile:

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: Question about in game cut-scenes

Post by Rise2Shine » 1 year ago

You could try to rightclick on Bond2.exe, select properties, compatibility. Select compatibility mode for windows xp sp3. This fixes most issues with movies. I am however not sure if this fixes issues such as low res.

Rgds,
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
Sboehm4
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Sboehm4 » 1 year ago

Hmm I'll try that and see if it helps in a bit :). Thanks :D

Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 1 year ago

Cut scenes are not actual in-game footage. They are pre-recorded movie files. They have a resolution of 512x384.
A possible fix would be to resize the movie files, but it would do no good to the quality.

Moved from (PC) General to (PC) Support on 11 months ago by Rise2Shine