bond2.exe stops working when joining server

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Topic author
Ghost
COMMUNITY NEWB

bond2.exe stops working when joining server

Post by Ghost » 3 months ago

As the title says, the game just crashes when joining a server or starting a singleplayer mission. I just reinstalled the game and i don't know what is causing this... I am using the latest patch.

CBMI6
_
_

Re: bond2.exe stops working when joining server

Post by CBMI6 » 3 months ago

Hi Ghost,

I'm afraid I can't help you much as I don't have this problem or know how to fix it, but something that may be significant is whether you installed it from the CD's or nightfirepc.com? Also maybe say what operating system you are using as that may have something to do with it. I hope that's helpful for somebody who actually knows how to help and I hope you can get it working soon :)

CBMI6.
"Coffee...the finest organic suspension ever devised" - Kathryn Janeway. Or in Nightfire's case, in a polystyrene cup with a straw!

Topic author
Ghost
COMMUNITY NEWB

installed the game from nightfire.pc, unzipped it, made a shortcut, updated to the latest patch. OS is windows 10, 64 bits

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 3 months ago

Update the game to the latest version using the updater included.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
Ghost
COMMUNITY NEWB

downloaded both the game and the patch, updated them both, tried with version 5.91 : http://imgur.com/eamk4v5
and version 5.99 just says bond2.exe has stopped working. I really dont know how to fix this. Ill search later if i have the game on a cd or something.

Neytiri
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Neytiri » 3 months ago

Same problem here. I had no problem with the previous patch in windows 10 but this patch makes it crash for sure. Its like not compatible with win 10. I have the latest patch also on my laptop with windows 7 and it works fine. My bf has the same issue. The game will crash while joining a server. We all downloaded the game from the nightfirepc.com with latest patch. We did all the troubleshooting and compatibility tests but nothing works. I wrote to Dylan about this but i just got ignored. Trying my luck here...

Ignacio
_
_

Post by Ignacio » 3 months ago

Post the crash output here. Like, when the crash dialog shows, copy the entire message and post it here.
It should show like: 0xSomeNumberHere

Edit: Or simply run this when the crash dialog shows up and send it over in a zip file (don't close the game / dialog), from MSDN: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... s/procdump

http://whileago.scrolldown.org/nffiles/ ... erator.zip

Download it, extract it to your desktop or w/e, run it, compress the generated dump file with WinZip so it's not like 100 mb's and send it over here or PM it to me so I can look into it.
Nightfire: Source - Discord

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 3 months ago

Small note: runs fine for me on Win10 so that's not directly the problem.

Kind regards,
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Neytiri
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Neytiri » 3 months ago

well another one got this issue. Orel could play it for a moment on windows 10 with the older patch. He updated it to the new one, and now he just cant make it work anymore. It is rly annoying. i hope a new version of it will soon release that will fix this issue

COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Post by 005 » 3 months ago

GbxResult unchecked in destructor.
ResultValue [0x4a0a0002]
Success Flag: [false]
Project [0xa]
Error Number: [0xa0000002]
osError: [0xfffffffb]

Moved from (PC) General to (PC) Support on 2 months ago by Rise2Shine