game crashes on 1920x1080 resolution

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Topic author
Ghost
COMMUNITY NEWB

game crashes on 1920x1080 resolution

Post by Ghost » 3 months ago

So i just reinstalled that game after many many years and bond2.exe stops working when i change the resolution to 1920x1080.
i downloaded the game from nightfirepc.com, patch is 5.99, i have windows 10, 64 bit if that helps

Ignacio
_
_

Re: game crashes on 1920x1080 resolution

Post by Ignacio » 3 months ago

You can either:
A) Try specifying the desired resolution under the launcher Settings menu (click the wrench after you execute the launcher)
B) Create a shortcut for Bond2.exe and start it with the following command line parameters (although this shouldn't be needed since you can still do it from the launcher under command line parameters in the settings menu, but in case your launcher stops working for whatever reason you can try doing it this way): -windowed -width 1920 -height 1080 -developer -toconsole

-toconsole will skip the game intro screens and take you to the console, in there you can type connect server ip to connect to a server. Press 'ESC' to go back to the menu.
-border will create the border around the window object.
Nightfire: Source - Discord

Topic author
Ghost
COMMUNITY NEWB

Re: game crashes on 1920x1080 resolution

Post by Ghost » 3 months ago

Thanks for the fast reply, the game works on 1920x1080 borderless :D

Moved from (PC) General to (PC) Support on 2 months ago by Rise2Shine