unable to pass 13th floor in mission 6 (High Treason)

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Topic author
willem1954
COMMUNITY NEWB

unable to pass 13th floor in mission 6 (High Treason)

Post by willem1954 » 8 months ago

I downloaded the latest version of the game on the nightfirepc site and installed it successfully on my Windows 7 pc. So far so good I have been playing it till mission 6 (High Treason). Every time, in the stairway scene, when I try to pass the 13th floor, I get killed no matter how, I can't do anything to prevent it. It looks like I am playing a trial version of the game where this is the end of the free pleasure. :'(
Trying a solution, I installed the original game with genuine keycode but it won't startup on Windows 7 so I cannot install the patch either. :frown:
What to do now?

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: unable to pass 13th floor in mission 6 (High Treason)

Post by Rise2Shine » 8 months ago

If you downloaded the complete game from nightfirepc.com you could try running the game as administrator. That mostly fixes issues updating it to the most recent version (which you should). I don't think you could play that far in the trial version.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
willem1954
COMMUNITY NEWB

Installing the game using the old discs and starting the update patch proved not to be a valid option.

As far as I know, I did download the complete game from nightfirepc.com (there is only one version, isn't it?) and it did indeed update automatically to the latest version.I always run it as an administrator so these arguments cannot be an issue.

It does not make a difference if I start "bond.exe" or "bond2.exe"from the game directory, the result is the same.
When I reload the last saved game and after that try to run down the stairs at the 13th floor blood is coloring the screen gradually full red and I am dead no matter what I do, even if I succeeded killing the goons behind the double doors..

Possibly I can make a screenshot to illustrate?

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 8 months ago

Hmm, strange indeed. You can try typing in the console sv_cheats 4 and then "god" to turn on god mode to get past this area and then turn it off again

Topic author
willem1954
COMMUNITY NEWB

@ click4dylan:
Thanks very much! It works and now I am able to continue playing NighytFire! (y)