Antialiasing and "Classic Timing"

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.

Topic author
Diem
COMMUNITY NEWB

Antialiasing and "Classic Timing"

Post by Diem » 1 year ago

Hello,

I've had 007 Nightfire for PC for years, but never installed it. I just recently got around to doing it out of nostalgia (I got it because I loved the GameCube/Xbox versions, but now that I have a good gaming PC, I can really enjoy it). I made sure to check up on what I need to do, and I have the latest (5.91) community patch installed. I'm amazed that this game has an active fanbase 14 years later!

But now on to what I need to ask.

Antialiasing doesn't seem to work for me. I try to turn it up in the game, but when I hit "Apply" it resets to 0, and the menu's frame rate drops. Setting it in the launcher settings doesn't seem to change anything, either. Also in the launcher settings, there's a checkbox for "Classic Timing" that I can't find any documentation of. What does it do? And in the launcher settings again, the color setting is set to "24" which I think means 24-bit? In the game, my setting is to 32-bit, the maximum. What's going on there?

If someone could help me with these two issues, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Moved from (PC) General to (PC) Support on 1 year ago by Rise2Shine