Nightfire broken?

Support topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
Note: This section may be used for the original Nightfire PC game (2002 release) related support. Do not post your Nightfire: Source related issues here. However we do our utmost helping you out, we do not offer official Nightfire PC support.
Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
Nightfire Pro
COMMUNITY ROOKIE
Posts: 17
Joined: 5 years ago

Nightfire broken?

Post by Nightfire Pro » 4 years ago

For some reason if i run Nightfire more then 2 time i have to run as admin then after those 2 time everytime i try to play i get a black screen when in game. I tryed reinstalling it but no luck. Is there any way to fix this?


CaptainCrazy
COMMUNITY ROOKIE
Posts: 31
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Nightfire broken?

Post by CaptainCrazy » 4 years ago

Nightfire Pro wrote:For some reason if i run Nightfire more then 2 time i have to run as admin then after those 2 time everytime i try to play i get a black screen when in game. I tryed reinstalling it but no luck. Is there any way to fix this?
Have you tried right clicking the shortcut, going to "Properties" then choosing the "Compatibility" tab, then checking "Run this as Administrator" then clicking apply?

That will make it run as admin each time you start it.

User avatar

soupcan
COMMUNITY ROOKIE
Posts: 34
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Nightfire broken?

Post by soupcan » 4 years ago

Nightfire Pro wrote:For some reason if i run Nightfire more then 2 time i have to run as admin then after those 2 time everytime i try to play i get a black screen when in game. I tryed reinstalling it but no luck. Is there any way to fix this?
In some cases I notice you have to go to the compatibility settings as Cap'n said, but also run in compatibility mode for XP SP3, otherwise the opening video/cutscenes are black.
Last edited by soupcan on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.


CaptainCrazy
COMMUNITY ROOKIE
Posts: 31
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Nightfire broken?

Post by CaptainCrazy » 4 years ago

soupcan wrote:
Nightfire Pro wrote:For some reason if i run Nightfire more then 2 time i have to run as admin then after those 2 time everytime i try to play i get a black screen when in game. I tryed reinstalling it but no luck. Is there any way to fix this?
In some cases I notice you have to go to the compatibility settings as Dylan said, but also run in compatibility mode for XP SP3, otherwise the opening video/cutscenes are black.

I hope you don't mean me when you say "Dylan" lol.

User avatar

soupcan
COMMUNITY ROOKIE
Posts: 34
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Nightfire broken?

Post by soupcan » 4 years ago

CaptainCrazy wrote:
soupcan wrote:
Nightfire Pro wrote:For some reason if i run Nightfire more then 2 time i have to run as admin then after those 2 time everytime i try to play i get a black screen when in game. I tryed reinstalling it but no luck. Is there any way to fix this?
In some cases I notice you have to go to the compatibility settings as Dylan said, but also run in compatibility mode for XP SP3, otherwise the opening video/cutscenes are black.

I hope you don't mean me when you say "Dylan" lol.
Lol, oops. ;)

User avatar

click4dylan
_
_
Posts: 335
Joined: 5 years ago
Contact:

Re: Nightfire broken?

Post by click4dylan » 4 years ago

black screen can happen if you click on a menu button or press escape at the main menu before the textures finish reloading (widescreen scope fix). just wait a few seconds before pressing escape or clicking a button.

certain black screens can also be solved is solved by alt+tabbing out of the game and then alt+tabbing back in.
cutscenes don't show up black they show up white and can be solved by installing the indeo codecs


Mason45
COMMUNITY NEWB
Posts: 2
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Nightfire broken?

Post by Mason45 » 4 years ago

I tried alt-tabbing it happens when nothing loads. I cab tell nothing loads because I can see the background when joining servers. Usually stuff in the back like texts load up. When that doesn't load up I know ill get a black screen. My next attempt is going to be the compatibility.

User avatar

click4dylan
_
_
Posts: 335
Joined: 5 years ago
Contact:

Re: Nightfire broken?

Post by click4dylan » 4 years ago

just download teamviewer and PM me the id and password and ill take a look or add me to skype/steam click4dylan


CaptainCrazy
COMMUNITY ROOKIE
Posts: 31
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Nightfire broken?

Post by CaptainCrazy » 4 years ago

click4dylan wrote:just download teamviewer and PM me the id and password and ill take a look or add me to skype/steam click4dylan

Alt-tabbing out of this game whilst it's running wont let you open it again without the screen going black so i doubt you can do much via Teamspeak.

Moved from (PC) General to (PC) Support on 1 year ago by Rise2Shine

Post Reply