Nightfire Source Pjump

Find the latest news and announcements from the mod team.

click4dylan
_
_

Re: Nightfire Source Pjump

Post by click4dylan » 5 years ago

the solution is not pjump, it's using the walk key or crouching and checking your corners before proceeding, wait and listen for noise. dont go rambo style in. but romania does need changing and will be changed in source. we had this problem in day of defeat source and the rounds would never end because no one could get to the other side. the solution was to add a lot of cover to the map. here's a screenshot of what i did to fix the situation:

Le Flic
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by Le Flic » 5 years ago

Hi,

please dont unlike me but i must agree to click4dylan. "the solution is not pjump, it's using the walk key or crouching and checking your corners before proceeding, wait and listen for noise. dont go rambo style in".

The trees and the other models look very nice :)

On the second screenshot the horizontals and verticals are looking a little bit strange like everything is orientated and stretched to a single focus spot or something.

WHat does the small square at the upper right corner displaying the map in zoom mode is good for? It looks a little bit like the server sided DSS2 feature that enabled the host to see the players triangle moving in the map .

Will this have an influence in gameplay? A bad minded player could play with two or more characters and so he could see (all in all) more than if this "feature" is nonexistant.

Cheers

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 5 years ago

it's a picture of day of defeat source, not nightfire source.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 5 years ago

click4dylan wrote:the solution is not pjump, it's using the walk key or crouching and checking your corners before proceeding, wait and listen for noise. dont go rambo style in. but romania does need changing and will be changed in source. we had this problem in day of defeat source and the rounds would never end because no one could get to the other side. the solution was to add a lot of cover to the map.
Saying it like that, fine for public gaming. In scrims where everyone is defending at the flag, I would get extremely bored if I had to walk from my flag, to the enemy's flag and back again. That simply takes way to long. In public this is less because of there are enough players also in the middle (central square) etc etc. But then I still find it a bad and stupid idea to remove or change Nightfire's best feature which also causes this game to be different. This game is not interesting for me if pjump get's removed entirely or so hard that players won't ever find it out or know about it.

- My first & only post since months ~ end of report -
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 5 years ago

Pjump won't be removed

It is not a bad idea to make for the non-pjump servers crates and places where you can hide.
A default setting for the pjump servers would be a good idea (otherwise every server feels different) yet the pjump settings are still a work in progress.
And, like I already said, you can't really conclude which settings fits the best, when you haven't played and felt the game.