Progress on Grapple & Pjump

Find the latest news and announcements from the mod team.

What do you think of the current PJUMP limit imposed in Nightfire: Source

The player is still able to pjump too fast
14%
The player is not able to pjump fast enough
No votes
The limit is perfect, the player pjumps neither too fast nor too slow
57%
The limit needs to be turned off by default
No votes
The limit needs to be removed entirely
29%

Total votes: 7

Kenny.tw
_
_

Re: Progress on Grapple & Pjump

Post by Kenny.tw » 5 years ago

Perks, loading screens, power ups. That actually adds nothing for the for the players who want to play without ANY pjumper.

Something I've seen from CS:GO is that there are 2 different game modes with the same map. The classic casual and the classic competitive. The different between these modes is that classic casual does have friendly fire off, team collision off etc... The classic competitive does have friendly fire on, team collision on etc...

What I want to say is that you can make a classic casual mode for Nightfire Source, which turns pjump off. And a classic competitive which turns pjump on.

But I like to see that there are some good suggestion to.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 5 years ago

Yayi wrote:Another suggestion To the developers/moderators): Be nice, be gentle, respect people's opinions and show you are smart. If this is a place for an upcoming game (remake or not) don't act like elders or gurús. Somehow we are all new here.

Last suggestion: Get rid of Dylan. Make all the coding without him. His presence here make all this project look amateurish and likely to be unfinished.
I am sorry you see it this way. We do appreciate ideas, we are nice and gentle. It's just we can't do much when players just say: DELETE PJUMP, IT RUINED NIGHTFIRE. Please give us a suggestion like give the choice to the host. There will always be pjump likers and people who hate it. This is a remake for Nightfire, how can we remove Nightfire's best feature (PJump)? Nightfire won't be special without it. We will do our best making sure people know what it is and they can learn how to do it.

We will never ever get rid of Dylan. He probably knows the most of Nightfire. His work is not amateurish. He has done the wrong stuff in Nightfire before, but he has done so much fixing it all. He added gamemodes and came up with fixes for the server hosts and clients. Not only is he good at what he does, he's also a great person to work with and friend.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

beverlyhill1
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Post by beverlyhill1 » 5 years ago

Last suggestion: Get rid of Dylan. Make all the coding without him. His presence here make all this project look amateurish and likely to be unfinished.
can you tell us reasons? why amateurish? and why unfinished?

Yayi
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Yayi » 5 years ago

Was it nessesary to delete my post? I didn't even insult anybody. What I said about dylan was a personal opinion and I didn't even insult him as a person but his background in this game. The admin could have perfectly edited/deleted that part and leave all the rest.

Rice, I have to admit you have been in the community way longer than me and you surely have more authority about NF matters than me. All you say is true, but I wasn't talking about the series of games, but the original games that were sucessesful enough to start a series. It seems Bond games are aimed to Bond fans and they don't put much effort in them, I got to play almost every bond game because of nightfire and not because I like Bond films, (actually I don't but I could make an exeption if Daniel Craig comes personally to try to convince me). The point you are missing, Rice, is that when people download or buy a fps game, wants it to be a cool game when he can enjoy playing and not a game in wich you have a bunch of guys making thinks they've been practising for YEARS, and that's based on a glitch. Maybe it's natural for you, because you stayed here all this time, but for the rest it's just annoying.
Why would ppl come? Just a wild guess: People who wants a cheater free game, they dont need to pay for it, thats is based on a vintage game and about their hero James Bond. Maybe the people that left the game because of pjumpers years ago and from time to time remeber the days they played it. Friends, facebook contacts, relatives, curious ppl, who knows. But what I'm sure is that it won't be pjump lovers who, I'm quite sure, will stay with the original NF where they feel like home.

Leafff. from the moment you say " Please give us a suggestion like give the choice to the host. " you are telling me "you MUST think this way or else you are WRONG". You are developing a game. I admire that, cmon, it says a lot about your love and commitment to Nightfire. How can i not respect that. It's an awsome idea and I really really would like it to come true. I swear I'll try it and try to get ppl to play it. But you are in the process of developing it and this time you have the unique opportunity to make this game as it was supossed to be. Otherwise, as I said in my original (and deleted) post, I don't get it. Whay making something exactly the same way as it was originally?
It's your project and you will make it as you please, If you want it to have pjump, it will have pjump. What some people here is trying to say is that it's a mistake. Don't be rude to them, thats what I'm saying.

Bebverly: I hope this post doesn`t get deleted again for these lines.
Some years ago there were like 6 or 8 regular servers on nightfire, some were paid, and some were home made. The servers kept some small communities alive and there was the NFBL that had some servers for their scrims. Dylan and philip started to sistematically crash those servers until ppl just stopped paying for them or hosting them domestically, so in a matter of weeks those server vanished and all you could see was a list of fake servers advertising Norules and sometimes insulting clans, people or servers. I left NF that time and for what I seen all that was left was a little buch of people trying to survive the apocalitic world that remained lol. Seriously, I even had some personal chats with them and I rarely seen people so rude and inmature. I honestly cannot feel any kind of respect for them, no matter how amazing are they now.
Apparently I don't know "The whole story", but what I do know Is that I've never done anything to dylan or philip and my humble server was sistematically crashed every day.

Topic author
click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 5 years ago

can we please stop talking about the crashing shit that happened 5 YEARS ago? the crashing did not start by philip or me. NORULEZ server had been crashed repeatedly every 5-10 minutes for a YEAR if there were people in it. EVERY single time I had a populated server, someone would crash it. I started going on other servers trying to get answers and then Tres (owner of nfbsp.com) comes on my server one day in dm_island and asks me if he can test something on my server. I say sure, and lo and behold, my server crashed immediately. I later found out it was not only him, but blasty, and many others who hated NORULEZ that wanted my server and I gone forever. i got so pissed and eventually returned fire at everyone else. since i didn't know exactly who the fuck was doing it I targetted everyone. Soon enough the game couldn't be played at all and there had to be a solution. So for 5 years straight I developed patches aimed at improving the game, fixing all the crash exploits and adding new features to make it better. I recently released the absolute final patches i will ever be making for the original game, V5.70 Client and V5.08 R3 server. there are still people to this day that ridicule the patch even though every new feature has been made optional by the server host and now even the lag compensation is client-controlled. Some have not even tried it yet continue to denounce it. Yet every single server I see running on the list is using one variant of my patch or another. That says something, and most don't even realize it.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 5 years ago

This threat was meant to vote if you liked the new progess for pjump. Due to off-topic reasons this topic goes locked. Dylan will open a new topic when he conitnues this progress.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.