Progress on Grapple & Pjump

Find the latest news and announcements from the mod team.

What do you think of the current PJUMP limit imposed in Nightfire: Source

The player is still able to pjump too fast
14%
The player is not able to pjump fast enough
No votes
The limit is perfect, the player pjumps neither too fast nor too slow
57%
The limit needs to be turned off by default
No votes
The limit needs to be removed entirely
29%

Total votes: 7

Kenny.tw
_
_

Re: Progress on Grapple & Pjump

Post by Kenny.tw » 5 years ago

Ok stop it.. Looks like the posts on the old NFBL forum.

Yes there are / were players leaving the game because of pjump.
But this will end in a yes - no - yes discussion without a clue. Because you can hate it or love it, that is for everyone different!

But about the ragequits because of pjump:

Take for example Call of Duty quickscoping, hate it love it, that doesn't matter. The game was and still is super popular because of this unique element, quickscoping. Why does so many players knows how to quickscope, because big clans / communities made youtube vids (for example FaZe, OptiC etc...) they showned other players how "awesome" it is.

I think if the offical Nightfire Source community announce pjump by using facebook, twitter and youtube vids with tutorials / tricks. I'm sure that it will be a different story than what happend with Nightfire. And it will be more like Call of Duty with quickscoping.

edit: What I forgot to say is that you all mention pjump wrong, the 90%, the thousand players of Nightfire who left because of pjump didn't saw the "tactic pjump" they saw the "cheat pjump." They didn't know pjump they all thought that we are speedhacking, wallhacking, aimbot, color aimbot etc.. They didn't saw pjump as a tactic but as a cheat. But in Nightfire Source we can show the tactic pjump. This is a different time perk, this is a time perk were we all use youtube and social media.

Shin
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by Shin » 5 years ago

Nathie wrote:U know being a moderator or whatever u wanna call urself doesn't mean you're not new. By "new" i meant playing this super late compare to others... Just don't be blind about what we were talking about... But i think you dont understand and will never cuz u were never there when thousands of people left cuz of that pjump "discover". If you could see it u would realize that it killed the game. But you're trying to defend something you dont know about. You're just listening to what people says around you thats all. You know when u played nf for the first time, it was already considered dead. 30 players maxi were playing this. Compared to like 100 servers full of 30 people hosted by EA games before Pjump.
It Was a nice idea to try to put a limit on the pjump but i think it wont help in getting more people than u guys.. Anyway gl with this project.
And shin idc if you're moderator or anything , u should just respect people s will, and not instantly consider them "crying" when they don't agree with you. First thing of a mature guy is accept critisim and be open minded.. Remember you're 15, so respect people pls and you wont get any insults in return ...
Think what you think of me and Btw half of the people left this game was because the SERVER CRASHES, i dont deny that PJump was a reason too but NF without PJump is a fail, it isn't that good in graphics, gameplay style or whatever

and I'll stop arguing because I don't like arguing with arrogant people thinking they know everything and the enemy (Person they attack) is nothing, I won't answer or reply if you post about me again, not for Ignorance just to avoid being involved with a great argument with you or being an enemy.

beverlyhill1
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Post by beverlyhill1 » 5 years ago

i dont know in which fifa-game it was, but in one there was in the loading screen a explaining for the tricks that the soccer-players can do with the ball in game.
is it something like that what you guys think about?
for exemple when the nf source game loads a map, that in the loading screen will stand a explaining how to pjump?
so that really EVERY player knows about it and sees it as a tactical part of the game?

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 5 years ago

beverlyhill1 wrote:i dont know in which fifa-game it was, but in one there was in the loading screen a explaining for the tricks that the soccer-players can do with the ball in game.
is it something like that what you guys think about?
for exemple when the nf source game loads a map, that in the loading screen will stand a explaining how to pjump?
so that really EVERY player knows about it and sees it as a tactical part of the game?
Sure that's possible. CSS and so Nightfire: Source has a motd before you start playing (pic -> http://www.noobstrike.com/wp-content/up ... 2/motd.jpg). But than I rather prefer having the official mod website link in it, which will explain PJump. Our website will have a Wiki, where we explain in details how this game is built and what you can find.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Topic author
click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 5 years ago

i have an idea that may suit everyone: how about make pjump required by carrying a powerup found in the level? half-life has this with its longjump suit in multiplayer. i could place a generous amount of pjump powerups around the level (such as up to 8 players can have it). and whenever they die they drop it. whenever someone picks up the powerup it will show a text on the screen showing how to use it.

the speed limit will still be imposed with the powerup, but the host can still specify whether they want ALL players to have pjump regardless of the powerup, and they can still turn off the speed limiter

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 5 years ago

click4dylan wrote:i have an idea that may suit everyone: how about make pjump required by carrying a powerup found in the level? half-life has this with its longjump suit in multiplayer. i could place a generous amount of pjump powerups around the level (such as up to 8 players can have it). and whenever they die they drop it. whenever someone picks up the powerup it will show a text on the screen showing how to use it.

the speed limit will still be imposed with the powerup, but the host can still specify whether they want ALL players to have pjump regardless of the powerup, and they can still turn off the speed limiter
That could be fun via a command, so it's up for the host, or as new game mode. I still believe the game should be how Nightfire is. And this idea is nice, but please do not do that as main setting.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Ricecooker
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by Ricecooker » 5 years ago

just make pjump by default the exact same way it is in nf. if noobs want to limit/disable it in their own servers they can use a command or w/e

Le Flic
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by Le Flic » 5 years ago

Hi,

the idea with the powerups sounds good.

Another idea: Players could use the voting system to force en / disable it.

Once there are many servers they could have different colors in serverkist showing infos about it in serverlist and a short info when joining the server like the dss did in conjunction with the dss client in upper left corner.

Or the original game doesnt has pjump and hosts have to download a pjum-patch.

Everything is oossible.

Yayi
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Yayi » 5 years ago

This post has been removed by an administrator

Ricecooker
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by Ricecooker » 5 years ago

the reason why the games you listed have bigger communities than nf is because they are all part of a series. those games are more popular as there have been different versions and remakes etc. bond games never have had a strong following on the pc. as such, nf isnt too popular 10 years later. besides qos i cant even think of another bond game for pc lol. whereas battlefield there are tons, same for moh. those games also probably all had good reviews whereas most of nf's reviews sucked. so they had more players than nf since day 1 and in turn they have more players 10 years later. it has nothing to do with pjump

you complain that pjumpers dont want to help new players and then when someone (me) makes an effort to teach new players how to learn it you mock me and say im showing off lol. cool. very cool.

i cant see why any fps player would put down whatever other game theyre playing to come play nf/this mod if it wasnt for pjump. its not like this is a classic bond game like goldeneye or w/e, there is just 0 reason at all for anyone to start playing this game w/o pjump. like i said in my pervious post, what does nf have to offer that virtually all other games dont? ill let you answer that one for yourself. sure, pjump is a turnoff to a lot of players, but for those seeking a unique and different fps experience nf is the perfect game. personally id rather have a smaller (obviously a lot bigger than the current nf) community and a fun/unique game rather than a huge community with a boring, generic game like any cod game. and like klooty said, the quake series has a lot of players with something very similar to pjump in it, so i think some people would enjoy this game if they gave it a chance and took the time to learn it

yes, pjump is a glitch. yes, pjump was an accident and was not intended to be here. coke, penicillin, rubber, plastic, mircrowaves, etc were all accidents and unintended. i rest my case. unlike other glitches, pjump adds something. it is a skill that needs to be practiced in order to master it, just like shooting. to say pjump takes no skill is complete crap. sure, people who can do it have an advantage over people who cant. just like people who can aim have an advantage over people who cant, people who know the map have an advantage over people who dont, people with higher fps and lower ping have an advantage over those with low fps and high ping, etc, etc

the reason why i refer to those who cant pjump as noobs is because 90% of the time people who cant pjump also suck at aiming. people who are good at aim are generally good at pjump, and vice versa. there are very few exceptions to this

lastly, while im glad you do remember all the hell bullets caused this game, hes not like that anymore. his server patch has actually helped to keep this game alive and if this mod has any chance at being successful you ought to support the huge amount of work hes putting into it