First and foremost, there's no release date yet, but it shouldn't take any longer from now.
List of changes:
- Linux server binaries are now available.
- Re-written the entire game menu using Steam's CEF API.
- Implemented dpmaster as the server query platform.
- Implemented an audio manager, music now gets played through it and tracks actually loop depending on the level.
- Added the dry fire / out of ammo sounds, as well as the animations for the weapons.
- Fixed an issue with pens and hats being extremely delayed upon being deployed due to reloading issues.
- Implemented miniweb in order to locally serve html files inside the html/ui/ folder since Steam's CEF API can't do local cross-origin requests.
- Disabled CBaseGrenadeProjectile type-cast operation in nf gamerules, which is pretty much old stuff that is not used anymore and would make the linux server crash in regard of such.
- Fixed an issue with bots where they would attack each other with grapples.
- Fixed an issue with proximity mines which would cause an invalid pointer, thus causing a server crash.
- Re-written the entire gadget selection code to be entirely client sided.
- Added cl_autowepswitch to prevent automatic weapon switching upon picking up weapons.
- Implemented loading screen hooks (source hooks, not actual detours) used to hide the html ui and show the maps being loaded.
- Implemented a signature scanner / patcher both compatible with Linux and Windows, for when times are tough (i.e. Valve not shipping any kind of implementation for GameUI.dll to have some state control over the loading screens)
- Implemented map tips which are shown depending on the selected map.
- Scopes for weapons are entirely client sided now so there shouldn't be any 'lag' when scoping in as opposed to old source ways.
- Completely removed the old bots, implemented botrix instead, which seems like a better alternative than re-inventing the wheel.
- SVN completely dumped, there's now an update builder instead and files are downloaded directly via HTTP, caching to save bandwidth is provided by cloudflare. Hopefully downloads should be faster by now.
Special thanks to (In Alphabetical order):
Alan Edwardes (Estranged: Act 1) - Steam HTML Browser used for the main menu.
Get it on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/26182 ... ged_Act_I/
License: https://github.com/alanedwardes/Estrang ... LICENSE.md
Boris Borisovich Godin (Botrix Bots)
DPMaster (DarkPlaces MasterServer)
The GoldenEye Source Team for the music manager.
License: https://github.com/goldeneye-source/ges ... ICENSE_GES
NTAuthority - Signature patcher & scanner, including CitizenFX UI Design.
License: https://github.com/adamixik/citizenmp/b ... ve/LICENSE
Yannick Zenhäusern - Main Music Composer
Nightfire Source Discord: https://discord.gg/CmmFBHh