How to map for nightfire?

General topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
SYSTEM: Welcome to the James Bond 007: Nightfire (PC) forum!
This is a special section on the Nightfire Source forum to discuss anything related to the classic PC game. Nightfire Source will be the future of Nightfire (PC). In case you had a Community ID please enjoy your new stay here!

Do not use this forum for support related topics, but head to (PC) Support.

Topic author
twitch
COMMUNITY NEWB

How to map for nightfire?

Post by twitch » 4 months ago

How do I get setup for mapping? I use JACK and would like some info as to how I set it up for nightfire mapping. My kids and I play offline on our own custom maps. I don't see an FGD file and the assets seem to be stored in a .007 file?? Also, does nightfire use the basic compilers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

tschumann
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Re: How to map for nightfire?

Post by tschumann » 4 months ago

http://www.moddb.com/games/james-bond-0 ... or-suite-2 contains everything you need (I think - if not it should be most of the things).
I don't know if JACK will work as Nightfire's custom compilers use a .map version specific to Nightfire.

Topic author
twitch
COMMUNITY NEWB

Thanks tschumann!

I am all setup! Yeah, Why doesn't valve just make this opensource? I mean, it is already a free download, it is a free download. It is awesome! Can't believe I have been missing out on this for so long. I am a big 007 fan.

tschumann
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Post by tschumann » 4 months ago

No worries!
I don't know if it's up to Valve or not (while it is sort of their engine Gearbox modified it a fair bit I think).

Topic author
twitch
COMMUNITY NEWB

Oh gotcha!

Topic author
twitch
COMMUNITY NEWB

Anyone know why the editor JACK would crash when I try to add the nightfire FGD file?
I was able to add the FGD file to Sledge-Hammer without any problems at all. Unfortunately, Sledgehammer doesn't allow me to view the textures for nightfire. Unless someone can figure that out?

CBMI6
_
_

Post by CBMI6 » 4 months ago

Hiya Twitch,

The editor suite installs Gearcraft which is a modified version of Hammer, which is what is used to make Nightfire maps. You can probably make other editors work too but I'm sure you'll be able to use Gearcraft fine, if not let me know and I'll try to help. I haven't used Sledgehammer but a thought could be that it doesn't recognise PNG's only BMP's like Half Life uses, but I have no idea if that would make a difference. Also I'd love to see screenshots of your custom maps or download them and give them a try :)

Hope that helps,

CBMI6.
"Coffee...the finest organic suspension ever devised" - Kathryn Janeway. Or in Nightfire's case, in a polystyrene cup with a straw!

Topic author
twitch
COMMUNITY NEWB

Thanks. Yeah I will just use gearcraft. My laptop broke on me. Need to buy a new one. Will be back online soon and will have a couple maps to show off.

CBMI6
_
_

Post by CBMI6 » 4 months ago

No problem and sorry to hear about your laptop, can't wait to see your maps though :)
"Coffee...the finest organic suspension ever devised" - Kathryn Janeway. Or in Nightfire's case, in a polystyrene cup with a straw!