Any way to get the console version multiplayer maps into PC?

General topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
SYSTEM: Welcome to the James Bond 007: Nightfire (PC) forum!
This is a special section on the Nightfire Source forum to discuss anything related to the classic PC game. Nightfire Source will be the future of Nightfire (PC). In case you had a Community ID please enjoy your new stay here!

Do not use this forum for support related topics, but head to (PC) Support.

Topic author
Wh1teWolf
COMMUNITY NEWB

Any way to get the console version multiplayer maps into PC?

Post by Wh1teWolf » 3 months ago

I'm trying to make a remake of the map atlantis from the PS2/GameCube Version, I'm not sure if that map is/was ever in the PC version, but does anyone know of a way to get the asset for the map? I saw that the custom map scene for the original game is alive and well, so i wonder if this is possible.

Thanks for any help.

Kenny.tw
_
_

Re: Any way to get the console version multiplayer maps into PC?

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 months ago

The atlantis map is not included in the PC version of Nightfire.

The asset for the map? You mean the map file?
The map file is a .bsp file. Just like Valve .bsp map files. Only the PS2 versions uses idtech3 or QuakeIII .bsp format, while the PC version uses Valve GoldSrc .bsp format. Although not directly compatible with each other. It is definitely possible to convert a QuakeIII map to a (Gold)Source engine game. Most likely with broken brushes, broken entities and a ton of errors :sarcastic:, but it is possible.
But getting into PS2 iso, into archives, into compilers and converters with 0 knowledge of the Quake Gtkradiant or Source Hammer Editor is not advisable.

But perhaps I misunderstood the "asset for the map" meaning.

Topic author
Wh1teWolf
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Wh1teWolf » 3 months ago

You understood correctly, that's exactly what I'm looking for, the bsp for the Atlantis map, and even it the geometry or brushes get broken, I'm really only interested in the core geometry to have something as base for the remake ;)
If you can help me with this in any way I'd really appreciate it.

tschumann
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Post by tschumann » 2 months ago

Do you have the PS2 version? Are the .bsp files in archives?