Hackustated and rage quit on.

General topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
SYSTEM: Welcome to the James Bond 007: Nightfire (PC) forum!
This is a special section on the Nightfire Source forum to discuss anything related to the classic PC game. Nightfire Source will be the future of Nightfire (PC). In case you had a Community ID please enjoy your new stay here!

Do not use this forum for support related topics, but head to (PC) Support.

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Hackustated and rage quit on.

Post by 007 » 3 years ago

For the past couple of days numerous people have hackustated me, then rage quit. I don't know why, i'm not that good. 007-UK does not cheat. A bit of game play before rage quit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StVgAcZ08Q8 :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.

click4dylan
_
_

Re: Hackustated and rage quit on.

Post by click4dylan » 3 years ago

oh god that low FOV, you should update your game to the latest patch. how do you play like that without getting nauseous?

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

What is the FOV limited to in this update? 90 FOV would be great for me :)
It's a Brave new World.

FinLAnd
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Post by FinLAnd » 3 years ago

Well, I can tell you that happens almost always these days, because there are not so many good players around..

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by UltimateSniper » 3 years ago

Maybe everyone playing with the same FoV would make sure for even gaming? :roll:
Stop marketing your patches, Bullets :P
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki

Ricecooker
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by Ricecooker » 3 years ago

click4dylan wrote:how do you play like that without getting nauseous?
lots and lots of pepto bismol
UltimateSniper wrote:Maybe everyone playing with the same FoV would make sure for even gaming? :roll:
dont roll your eyes at me ;D

Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 years ago

UltimateSniper wrote:Maybe everyone playing with the same FoV would make sure for even gaming? :roll:
I'm not here to defend the patches. But one standard FoV wouldn't make games fair since everyone is using different aspect ratios (4:3, 16:9, 16:10). A FOV locked on screen resolution could be the solution. But since one person prefers to play on FOV 70 the other prefers 120 it will be disliked by some players if you lock the FOV on screen resolution.
The easiest solution and most common by other games is to lock the FOV between 55 and 120.

1024x768 or 4:3 - Vertical 55 = Horizontal 69
1920x1080 or 16:9 - Vertical 55 = Horizontal 85
1680x1050 or 16:10 - Vertical 55 = Horizontal 79

1024x768 or 4:3 - Vertical 74 = Horizontal 90
1920x1080 or 16:9 - Vertical 74 = Horizontal 106
1680x1050 or 16:10 - Vertical 74 = Horizontal 100

With 4K / 8K monitors in the market it will give complete different numbers.
Some say that FOV higher than 90 makes you motion sick. Not sure about that either, but a to high FOV could make you motion sick.

But FOV wasn't the topic. On-topic: Conclusion from your youtube video I'm sure you don't cheat. The other players just don't know how to aim in the game.

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Kenny.tw wrote:
I'm not here to defend the patches. But one standard FoV wouldn't make games fair since everyone is using different aspect ratios (4:3, 16:9, 16:10). A FOV locked on screen resolution could be the solution. But since one person prefers to play on FOV 70 the other prefers 120 it will be disliked by some players if you lock the FOV on screen resolution.
The easiest solution and most common by other games is to lock the FOV between 55 and 120.

1024x768 or 4:3 - Vertical 55 = Horizontal 69
1920x1080 or 16:9 - Vertical 55 = Horizontal 85
1680x1050 or 16:10 - Vertical 55 = Horizontal 79

1024x768 or 4:3 - Vertical 74 = Horizontal 90
1920x1080 or 16:9 - Vertical 74 = Horizontal 106
1680x1050 or 16:10 - Vertical 74 = Horizontal 100

With 4K / 8K monitors in the market it will give complete different numbers.
Some say that FOV higher than 90 makes you motion sick. Not sure about that either, but a to high FOV could make you motion sick.

But FOV wasn't the topic. On-topic: Conclusion from your youtube video I'm sure you don't cheat. The other players just don't know how to aim in the game.
Forget 4K, the amount of input lag on those screens is absurd.

85-90 FoV is what i like to play at, but nf looks and feels no different for me..it's personal preference in how you set your games up, if it works good for you, keep it. Like my game and mouse sensitivity it's low for playing nf, but it works for me gets good results, for others at a low sensitivity probably wont work for them, it's all personal preferences.

i don't but i do know how to play. :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 3 years ago

with the patch, 16x9 displays default to 100 FOV, 16x10 defaults to 90, 4x3 defaults to 76, 5x4 defaults to 80 (or a bit more than that, cant remember exactly), and eyefinity/nvidia surround defaults to around 145-150. it also supports raw mouse input which will greatly improve your accuracy when aiming.

running 1920x1080 on 1.0/1.1 with the default 76 FOV is severely compromising your ability to see your surroundings. if you must play 1.0/1.1, consider making a custom resolution of 1280x1080 or 1366x1080.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by UltimateSniper » 3 years ago

Different FoVs give different players the ability to see less/more around them, so surely is a problem for even gaming. If someone has a larger monitor, they can sit further away from it so that they end up in exactly the same situation as sitting closer to a smaller screen.
(Rant was over, but someone "raised the stakes")

People have played far better than that and been playing legit, so no worries 8-)
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki