Hackustated and rage quit on.

General topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
SYSTEM: Welcome to the James Bond 007: Nightfire (PC) forum!
This is a special section on the Nightfire Source forum to discuss anything related to the classic PC game. Nightfire Source will be the future of Nightfire (PC). In case you had a Community ID please enjoy your new stay here!

Do not use this forum for support related topics, but head to (PC) Support.

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Re: Hackustated and rage quit on.

Post by 007 » 3 years ago

Yeah you're right. People played better together. It's getting ridiculous now it's every game now, either aimbot or tweaker, "maybe they're trolling me i haven't decided yet" i can't even code. I'm Just a player with experience. ;)
It's a Brave new World.

Lucifer Duh KillA
Community Banned

Post by Lucifer Duh KillA » 2 years ago

Hilarious... FOV (Field Of View) was used for Zoom hacks as far back as Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Half Life, & what... No... You dare say Nightfire has CHEATERS...? Hell you say...!!! Nobody trains. Everyone wants instant gratification. Everyone wants to be "THE MAN" but little kids. Balls haven't descended yet. So yah much like some other players that claim to be amongst the elite. But, the day before they suddenly got 98 kills, and only died 2. Had a score of just the opposite. Bad day huh...? Although there's a thing called sv_serverlog, and many other such commands that keep track of player records. With Fraps taking Video & Screenshots. It's hard to beat the Camera. But this aint your Mommas Technology. Aimbot, Wallhacks, Speedhacks. Will only improve with time. Either be one of the many. Or be a few that still train & own the cheaters. Despite there inadequacies. >Lu<!f3[' ]>u}{ K!||^

Bier/Foever
Community Banned

Post by Bier/Foever » 2 years ago

Anyone else notice it says last post was by lucifer. But yet there is no reply in the post from lu. What did Lu say?

MaxPower1716
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by MaxPower1716 » 2 years ago

Lucifer's post always confuse me. I think it is just the way it is written.
"There's always a new challenge to keep you motivated." Sean Connery

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 2 years ago

Every game and every camera on the earth has field of view. Your eyes have a field of view. Human eyes have a field of view of about 180 degrees. Past 120-140 is your peripheral vision. PC games using a widescreen resolution of 16:9 typically use a FOV of 90-100 degrees horizontal. Standard resolutions (4:3/5:4) typically use a horizontal FOV of 75-80. When you use a low FOV with a wide resolution, areas of the screen become chopped off and you have less vision than if you were to use a higher FOV. A typical 90-100 widescreen FOV will allow you to see around the same area up/down as a standard resolution, but gives you the benefit of seeing things on the sides. There is no way to have 'equal' playing ground. No game has equal playing ground. You cant force people to see the same thing because not everyone's aspect ratio is going to be the same. If you force a low FOV, you cripple those with widescreen monitors. If you set a really high FOV, you make it harder to aim at enemies because they become smaller. I haven't even discussed triple monitor setups. Imagine trying to play a triple monitor setup on a standard FOV. You won't be able to play it at all because literally everything on the screen except a small area will be chopped off. This is where 'eyefinity/nvidia surround support' comes into play. All they do is heavily increase the FOV to around 140-160, depending on the ratio.

Now console games on the other hand use a really low FOV (55-65 typical) because most players do not sit up close to the screen. The further away from the screen you are the harder it is to see little images in the screen such as players far away. The low FOV also acts as a cheap FPS booster by culling the rest of the screen beyond the field of view.