nightfire speedrun

General topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
SYSTEM: Welcome to the James Bond 007: Nightfire (PC) forum!
This is a special section on the Nightfire Source forum to discuss anything related to the classic PC game. Nightfire Source will be the future of Nightfire (PC). In case you had a Community ID please enjoy your new stay here!

Do not use this forum for support related topics, but head to (PC) Support.

Topic author
Ricecooker
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

nightfire speedrun

Post by Ricecooker » 3 years ago

F4F1
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Re: nightfire speedrun

Post by F4F1 » 3 years ago

That's pretty cool :lol:

I wonder if someone will try to beat that score.

evomagic
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by evomagic » 3 years ago

wow, that's already impressive! i'm glad you did it, because before that, i was a bit discouraged coz i don't know pjump and it seemed i was the only one interested in that speedrun...

Nevertheless, it's a really good basis, and it could maybe gain more interest due to you.

some questions:
-have you heard about crouch skating glitch? and pjumping under water?
-have you some notes, or did you make some theory about the game?

-plz, could you learn me p-jump?

=>i will try to work on glitches and script skips now i know a run is possible!

maybe you should start a new thread on sda!

Topic author
Ricecooker
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by Ricecooker » 3 years ago

thanks, glad you enjoyed it

ive never heard of either of those glitches. pjumping along the top of water is possible though
i didnt make notes or look at any walkthroughs or w/e, i just kinda did it lol. although i did use one of the tactics found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W54zGKkepaQ for the 1st mission. i was considering making a voice commentary along with the gameplay if it got popular. maybe in a future run as i can probably shave a few mins off of it and get sub 50 with a bit more practice

i have a pjump tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNwY3EqZD4I i cant really say any more beyond that, but i can watch you in game and see if youre doing the movements right etc

i bumped an old thread on sda and posted the run. not surprisingly it didnt get any replies ;x nf isnt too popular anymore :cry:

Mr_Strokems
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Mr_Strokems » 2 years ago

Where are you guys getting the story mode for this game? I initially believed this was the entire game but it seems ive been mistaken.

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 2 years ago

This is a new game based on Nightfire which will be using the SOURCE engine of Valve. This is not just an easy copy, and no there's no singleplayer (yet) in the latest alpha because we are still working hard on this. You should not even compare it to the old pc game as this will be completely new.

I've answered your same post on the other topic where you can download the nightfire singleplayer.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

InfiniteSheldor
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by InfiniteSheldor » 1 year ago

If I can get my mouse issue sorted and learn to P-Jump, I'd definitely at least try. It's in my nature to try and try and get bored and never play it again :P
James Bond speedrunning enthusiast.