Nightfire MDL format documentation

General topics about the original PC game.
Forum rules
SYSTEM: Welcome to the James Bond 007: Nightfire (PC) forum!
This is a special section on the Nightfire Source forum to discuss anything related to the classic PC game. Nightfire Source will be the future of Nightfire (PC). In case you had a Community ID please enjoy your new stay here!

Do not use this forum for support related topics, but head to (PC) Support.

Topic author
x6herbius
COMMUNITY NEWB

Nightfire MDL format documentation

Post by x6herbius » 4 weeks ago

Hi all,

I was wondering whether there is still any information on the Nightfire MDL format actually available? I'm looking into GoldSrc modding and wanted to see whether I could load models of that format, without having to decompile and convert them explicitly to the GoldSrc format.

I know that, back in the day, the NFBSP wiki had a research page on the v14 format, but the Wayback Machine only seems to have archived the main page and a few of its links. The v14 page is not accessible from there; however, via the archived 009 site's external links I was able to get to the original NFBSP site, and found an incomplete spec of the format by FordGT90Concept.

I gather that, since an MDL decompiler/converter did come to fruition back in the day, you guys worked out the format more or less completely? Is the full v14 spec available anywhere?

Thanks.

Ignacio
_
_

Re: Nightfire MDL format documentation

Post by Ignacio » 3 weeks ago

Here you go, I re-uploaded some of the stuff, most of it is there:
http://whileago.scrolldown.org/nffiles/ ... earch.html
Nightfire: Source - Discord

Topic author
x6herbius
COMMUNITY NEWB

Re: Nightfire MDL format documentation

Post by x6herbius » 3 weeks ago

Awesome, thanks - though the v14 spec on those pages was the one I was able to get to through the web archives. Is that the newest document we have? If so I guess I'll run with it.