Possible Fanmade Modified Storyline for Nightfire

Topics with other content than listed above.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Re: Possible Fanmade Modified Storyline for Nightfire

Post by UltimateSniper » 4 years ago

What's wrong with an orbiting US space weapons platform? Sounded fairly likely at the time! Could be used for shooting meteorites!
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki

Topic author
ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by ClassicBondForever » 4 years ago

UltimateSniper wrote:What's wrong with an orbiting US space weapons platform? Sounded fairly likely at the time! Could be used for shooting meteorites!
The thing is, when Moonraker was released in 1979, everyone bashed the movie for copying Star Wars, yes I do know it's rubbish, and I love that movie, however, the majority of Bond fans, even the Classic Bond fans, dislike that one. I also have a friend who disliked the space part of Nightfire, because it was way "more exaggerated version of Moonraker", which was way too over the top. The Console level was a headache, but the PC level of the space shuttle was good, but I still think it should be replaced. I also have a new title for the single player campaign, but the word Nightfire is still in there.
Dry Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.

Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 4 years ago

Had the spaceship not something to do with the nuclear bombs of drake or something?
And also the hole story about Drake taking over a NATO space station and launching several missles to earth sounds for me more like a Cold War story with some Star Wars elements in it, I don't think it is bad. ;x

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 4 years ago

I always really saw the escape to the escape rocket on the very end of the space mission as the end of the story. I think it really is important and fits the storyline. ;)
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 4 years ago

Wait.. before it is all totally unnecessary what you have done.
How big are those changes you made in the Single player story line? Like I mentioned before, even for the smallest changes in the story line there must to be changed a lot. Maps, sprites, cutscenes, missions etc..
Did you add new levels? Did you removed missions? And how big are those changes?

Topic author
ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by ClassicBondForever » 4 years ago

Well, change of plans. As I had the pleasure to test Nightfire: Source myself, I was fascinated. You are really talented people. What have I change in my own plans? I'm keeping the space bit in the storyline, but I have added lots of levels, as well. Up to 20 levels, I'd say. And as I've seen Dylan's "Deep Descent" alpha level, Everything seems to be really perfect for me, so things have got easier for me to imagine. Well, the story would be a lot better than console's and a lot longer, it'll make the Bond fans really proud.

Vanquished
COMMUNITY NEWB

Post by Vanquished » 3 years ago

ClassicBondForever wrote:Well, change of plans. As I had the pleasure to test Nightfire: Source myself, I was fascinated. You are really talented people. What have I change in my own plans? I'm keeping the space bit in the storyline, but I have added lots of levels, as well. Up to 20 levels, I'd say. And as I've seen Dylan's "Deep Descent" alpha level, Everything seems to be really perfect for me, so things have got easier for me to imagine. Well, the story would be a lot better than console's and a lot longer, it'll make the Bond fans really proud.
Firstly, well done with the fan-made story, lots of good ideas!
I agree about new levels making us fans proud and I'm all for prolonging the campaign as it was one of the best of it's time, but like Kenny says especially for 20 possible new levels on completely new maps and models and textures etc. the project would stretch into multiple years with the size of team available. We don't have a studio where we could do mocap, voice acting, model rendering (we can't use any of their licensed content because copyright so we have to make nearly everything ) and actually work together face to face unless we all organised a session sometime everyone could get to from all different countries.

If we could get permission for content as purely fan-made non-profit just because we like the game so much we could port the campaign in and then we'd only have to add your new levels which would lighten the workload. Hopefully this makes sense but I'm not trying to ruin your ideas, I think they're brilliant!

Sorry for the long post!
-Vanquished

Topic author
ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by ClassicBondForever » 2 years ago

Vanquished wrote:
ClassicBondForever wrote:Well, change of plans. As I had the pleasure to test Nightfire: Source myself, I was fascinated. You are really talented people. What have I change in my own plans? I'm keeping the space bit in the storyline, but I have added lots of levels, as well. Up to 20 levels, I'd say. And as I've seen Dylan's "Deep Descent" alpha level, Everything seems to be really perfect for me, so things have got easier for me to imagine. Well, the story would be a lot better than console's and a lot longer, it'll make the Bond fans really proud.
Firstly, well done with the fan-made story, lots of good ideas!
I agree about new levels making us fans proud and I'm all for prolonging the campaign as it was one of the best of it's time, but like Kenny says especially for 20 possible new levels on completely new maps and models and textures etc. the project would stretch into multiple years with the size of team available. We don't have a studio where we could do mocap, voice acting, model rendering (we can't use any of their licensed content because copyright so we have to make nearly everything ) and actually work together face to face unless we all organised a session sometime everyone could get to from all different countries.

If we could get permission for content as purely fan-made non-profit just because we like the game so much we could port the campaign in and then we'd only have to add your new levels which would lighten the workload. Hopefully this makes sense but I'm not trying to ruin your ideas, I think they're brilliant!

Sorry for the long post!
-Vanquished
Thank you, sir! No I actually quite agree with your statement. Seems very logical to me.