*Clickbait Title* - Sup Nightfire

Topics with other content than listed above.

Topic author
Kenny.tw
_
_

Re: *Clickbait Title* - Sup Nightfire

Post by Kenny.tw » 1 year ago

Hey,

I got some good news that I wanted to share. I have tried for a while to import a level map in Autodesk. But for some reason it always ended up with errors, faulty scene or crashes. But I finally have succes. So what does it all mean? It means I am able to create models and export it as hammer brushes. Level designers know the term "brush" in Hammer, it is basically the layout of the map displayed. All the buildings, dungeons, skybox etc.
If you have worked with Hammer you know working with brushes can be a bit cumbersome.
So theoretical I be able to export (more detailed) brushes, theoretical. VBSP (the compile tool to create maps) is weak, again. Again a lot of limits with the amount of polygons per scene and per brush. So I have to look up for the numbers / do some testing.

But, theoretical, this is awesome news!
Spoiler: show
I have not (yet) been able to import models / textures. But the entities are inside, along with the func commands and noclip / nodraw.
And well I made a quick start in architecturing a Romania like building. Based on Romanian monuments. Probably not 100% correct, gave it a bit of my own twist. Hope you like it!
And an extra prop model.
Spoiler: show
Firepit from hell. I took the lazy route, ended up making the model three times in total because it did not do what I wanted.. The result is fine.