New Gadget/Powerup

Leave your suggestions and found bugs in this section.

Topic author
click4dylan
_
_

New Gadget/Powerup

Post by click4dylan » 3 years ago

I have an idea for a new gadget or powerup called the Qreflector. When used (would be a button press similar to the Qspecs glasses from Nightfire), it would instantly reflect any projectile (rocket, hat, pen, etc) in its radius into the opposite direction. So if a rocket is heading towards you, if it gets within 15 feet of your reflector, the rocket will reverse its path and head straight toward the enemy who shot it! (unless he's moved of course). This 'force field' will last for 15-20 seconds and have a cooldown period of 15 seconds before you can use it again. But you will have an unlimited number of uses unless you die or dropped the gadget/powerup.

I would think of it as more of a powerup, because if you were to make it a gadget people likely wouldn't use it because they'd have to be wielding the gadget which would prevent them from using their weapons.

KiNg-Ahmed
COMMUNITY ROOKIE

Re: New Gadget/Powerup

Post by KiNg-Ahmed » 3 years ago

I think that's a great idea Dylan. I probably choose gadget because the name as you've chosen called Qreflector that Q made his new gadget instead powerup ofcourse because powerup isn't made by Q, it's a special powerup from CTF. But if everyone vote powerup, it would be called Reflector not Qreflector. Anyway I like the Idea Dylan, I'll vote it to appear on Nightfire Source :D. If everyone likes it, what icon on hud or powerup model shall be look like?

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Re: New Gadget/Powerup

Post by UltimateSniper » 3 years ago

Or just explode the missiles/grenades? Otherwise a lot of rockets + spamming the device would result in absolute WTF. :roll:
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki