Bullet Spread

Leave your suggestions and found bugs in this section.

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Bullet Spread

Post by 007 » 3 years ago

Are you planning to be same or closely similar to original Nightfire? I thought about lowering the bullet spread of automatic weapons making them more accurate in the field, or keeping the same spread but highering the damage per bullet, could work either way. what do you think? :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.

Kenny.tw
_
_

Re: Bullet Spread

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 years ago

Wait there was bullet spread in the original Nightfire? Haha
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/15/92/05/99/aim_0110.jpg
The close dots on the left is a full spray no pulling with the P90 on close range. The bullets all over the wall is a full spray no pulling with the P90 on "long range". It is a bit ridiculous but so far not the worst spray pattern I have seen.

http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/15/92/05/99/aim_0210.jpg
On the left wall P90 tap firing no pulling medium range. On the right wall P90 full spray no pulling same distance. Now it gets ridiculous. You can better go full spray than tap firing. That doesn't make any sense and I never seen it in any other FPS game.

http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/15/92/05/99/aim_0310.jpg
On the left wall P90 full spray with pulling close / medium range. On the right wall P90 tap firing with pulling same distance. Oh shit you can blow your own feets off if you pull hard enough.

So once you start tap firing or pulling with the gun, the spray pattern becomes complete garbage.
In my opinion the weapons should get a "logic" spray patern as in the CS game series. Just like this:
Up - left - right - left. If you pull at the right time down - right - left -right you can get a near perfect spray pattern. These game spray paterns make sense but they are not real-life realistic.

These circle spray patterns are real-life realistic and the original Nightfire use these spray patterns, kinda.

Currently in NF:S there isn't much changed with the spray patterns. I don't know what patterns the game will use. But I hope that the gun pulling atleast get fixed, there was so much fuss around with BF3 at the time. BF3 used to have the same pulling systems as NF, it didn't get much likes. Neither did I.

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

CS:GO by controlling recoil you control spread.. and make it more pin point, i agree with what you said there.

Thanks for this detailed reply. :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by UltimateSniper » 3 years ago

You can shoot before the gun has been pulled out? (I assume that's what you mean by "pulling") I'm not able to shoot until the gun has been pulled out fully, which seems to take longer than for some other players (who I assume have a weaponswap script of some kind).
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

UltimateSniper wrote:You can shoot before the gun has been pulled out? (I assume that's what you mean by "pulling") I'm not able to shoot until the gun has been pulled out fully, which seems to take longer than for some other players (who I assume have a weaponswap script of some kind).
Players are known to fire and kill other players even when no weapons are shown on the player model (Player seems to be toggling) it's just laggy clients and servers. Another example of this are the kill cams in modern games they are horrific (player kills 5 players and the gun never fires) if i am on the right tracks of whats been said. :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 3 years ago

the spread in NF:S is getting an overhaul soon anyway. I'm going to make it so that the first bullet is 100% accurate every time. then there will be an extremely small cone around where you are firing, with lots of recoil. As long as you control your recoil, your bullets will generally go straight. Kenny those plates are from shotgun shells. Bullets don't fire like that, they go straight and downward with gravity.

also, in the original Nightfire, the spread pattern you see ingame is completely wrong as to what is actually happening on the server. The actual spread pattern is a T, always.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

007 wrote:
UltimateSniper wrote:You can shoot before the gun has been pulled out? (I assume that's what you mean by "pulling") I'm not able to shoot until the gun has been pulled out fully, which seems to take longer than for some other players (who I assume have a weaponswap script of some kind).
Players are known to fire and kill other players even when no weapons are shown on the player model (Player seems to be toggling) it's just laggy clients and servers. Another example of this are the kill cams in modern games they are horrific (player kills 5 players and the gun never fires) if i am on the right tracks of whats been said. :ugeek:
What I'm talking about is someone shoots with a sniper, and then with a shotgun with noticeably less time between than it takes my game to. This happens even when the players have a stable latency!

A T? I imagine that the server wouldn't be processing bullet spread, just the location of the decals as shot by the player - why would the server need to make its own bullet spread?!
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?

Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 years ago

click4dylan wrote:Kenny those plates are from shotgun shells. Bullets don't fire like that, they go straight and downward with gravity.
They could be from shotgun shells, haven't checked it. If you shoot with an automatic gun in real life the shots will almost never go straight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDQ0McPW ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgjr2p0_ ... ure=relmfu

And also with single shot, the spray patern isn't straight but in a misformed circle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq8Xuj33 ... ure=relmfu

But yeah that is in real life. I also prefer straight paterns for games.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

I prefer pinpoint - like the NF bots have :roll:

Ricecooker
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by Ricecooker » 3 years ago

UltimateSniper wrote:What I'm talking about is someone shoots with a sniper, and then with a shotgun with noticeably less time between than it takes my game to. This happens even when the players have a stable latency!
thats because the player is using key binds to change to a specific gun which is faster than scrolling through your weapon inventory with mousewheel