Bullet Spread

Leave your suggestions and found bugs in this section.

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Re: Bullet Spread

Post by 007 » 3 years ago

Ricecooker wrote:
UltimateSniper wrote:What I'm talking about is someone shoots with a sniper, and then with a shotgun with noticeably less time between than it takes my game to. This happens even when the players have a stable latency!
thats because the player is using key binds to change to a specific gun which is faster than scrolling through your weapon inventory with mousewheel
scrolling fingers are as fast as bashing 1 ,2, 3!. :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 3 years ago

well, the client patch removes the cycle delay when switching weapons. as soon as you flick the mouse wheel, your weapon switches. this was done because the original cycle delay caused players with high ping to have difficulty switching guns. sometimes it would not switch at all, sometimes it would over-switch, and sometimes it would switch to the same gun multiple times. removing this delay and switching immediately fixed the issue. but using a keybind is still faster. the only reason i can see they added the cycle delay initially was it reduced the amount of bandwidth used (spamming the wheel creates a fairly big spike in network activity on the net_graph) and it stopped the game from playing the weapon draw sound when you spammed the wheel. but today this is largely unnecessary

about the spread, i think that single shot video was human margin of error (you can't physically hold the gun completely still while firing and standing at the same time). you can see the gun moving slightly even before he shoots. i bet you it'd be pretty damn straight he was proned with a bipod. but anyway, this extremely small ring of fire is what i was talking about will be added in NF:S. you will have lots of recoil, but as long as you control the recoil your spread pattern will be extremely small

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by 007 » 3 years ago

Sounds like NF:S could actually become a skilled game with the recoil control introduced into the Source version. I like it :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.