[INPROGRESS]Make NF:S Grenades Effective

Leave your suggestions and found bugs in this section.

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

[INPROGRESS]Make NF:S Grenades Effective

Post by 007 » 3 years ago

In the Original NF, flashbangs, smokes, grenades, were useless. What about tuning them up in Source and make use of them? i mean look how effective they are in CS:GO, they are used as tactical advantage in 5 vs 5. NF:S would benefit from this in my opinion if it's going to be played in a competitive manner, if not, it would be still game changing with in a public server. Would be very effective towards the enemy, my example flashing blocking an enemy's eyes with one, or blocking a players position with a smoke grenade in a competitive game with a dropped bomb, In NF:S's case, a failed passed flag or dropped flag, just pop effective smoke and claim the flag back, if a sniper/camper would see, you could use tactical ability to get the flag with out him killing you, if the above is implemented."I'm saying this but i don't know if that's actually going to be in the release or not, Hopefully it will be" :ugeek:

instant effective flashes/instant effective thick dench smokes/instant accurate grenades damage 3-6 health bars to be instant and effective like this, game changer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXR9lj ... e=youtu.be :ugeek:

I don't know NF-Community what do you want from NF:S? with out Destroying the Core gameplay" :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.

Kenny.tw
_
_

Re: Make NF:S Grenades Effective

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 years ago

Making grenades more effective was one of our earliest goals. We know how to grenades work in CS. But we are also aware that even Valve isn't happy with there grenades. In almost every update for CS:GO the smoke grenades get changed, even in their most recent update.

"- Fixed smoke grenades popping again when thrown into more than one molotov fire in a row.
- Smoke volumes are now more consistently shaped with the particles more evenly distributed. The overall shape is now round and no longer square.
- Increased minimum distance from the center of a smoke grenade volume in which a player's view will be completely obscured by smoked.
- Fixed observers seeing smoke screen overlay when a smoke grenade popped on their last alive position."

etc..

Just to make clear, I'm quit sure one of our goals is still to make grenades more effective, but it won't be easy.

Topic author
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by 007 » 3 years ago

Kenny.tw wrote:Making grenades more effective was one of our earliest goals. We know how to grenades work in CS. But we are also aware that even Valve isn't happy with there grenades. In almost every update for CS:GO the smoke grenades get changed, even in their most recent update.

"- Fixed smoke grenades popping again when thrown into more than one molotov fire in a row.
- Smoke volumes are now more consistently shaped with the particles more evenly distributed. The overall shape is now round and no longer square.
- Increased minimum distance from the center of a smoke grenade volume in which a player's view will be completely obscured by smoked.
- Fixed observers seeing smoke screen overlay when a smoke grenade popped on their last alive position."

etc..

Just to make clear, I'm quit sure one of our goals is still to make grenades more effective, but it won't be easy.
Valve is only tweaking them to interact better or with other grenades, but as far as the grenade mechanics go, bouncing them of wall's/floor's is absolutely perfect i believe. :ugeek:
It's a Brave new World.

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 3 years ago

I agree and this will be done. The last thing we were working on for the original Nightfire in patches was to fix the useless grenades. I managed to increase the radius and damage, size, lowered the amount of time they took to detonate and even got them to throw farther and more reliably. But sadly it never made it into any released patch due to gamespy's shutdown

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by UltimateSniper » 3 years ago

They were very effective at 0 distance... Just the falloff was too close to the grenade, so 10 inches away, the grenade wouldn't kill you.
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki

click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 3 years ago

at 0 distance they only did 50 damage..

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Then how can you commit suicide by holding the grenade? Or kill another player by trying to suicide right next to them? :roll:
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?

Rise2Shine
_
_

Post by Rise2Shine » 3 years ago

Probably because it was close to the head that way. Like the difference between a sniper shot in the body or in the head. It kills you directly.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

We're talking about 0 distance - can't both kill you and take 50 health. I suppose a thrown grenade spawns at the camera position, hence the head damage?

The point was that at this range it's deadly, but the falloff of the damage over distance is shockingly fast.

Kenny.tw
_
_

Post by Kenny.tw » 3 years ago

A headshot with a grenade was a kill, but a grenade at a distance of 0 is only 50 HP? wow logic.

The radius of damage of a M67 grenade, I think it is still the most common hand grenade, is 15 meters. With a killing range of 5 meters or closer.
Grenade should bring more damage.