Secret Agent Game Mode Proposal

Leave your suggestions and found bugs in this section.

Topic author
click4dylan
_
_

Secret Agent Game Mode Proposal

Post by click4dylan » 4 years ago

I had in mind a vehicle game mode with larger maps similar to the size of call of duty: united offensive's base assault (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8wDYdhR6iE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaVX_Kp9g4). and then one player would get to be bond and have to infiltrate some place to capture data about operation nightfire, steal the documents and escape back to the rendezvous. the phoenix team will not know where the rendezvous is because it will be chosen randomly. there would be the possibilities of 1-2 other bodyguards for bond armed with high caliber weapons while bond has nothing but his pistol and gadgets to try and sneak his way in with being unnoticed. all maps would have many secret entrances so that bond will have many ways to get in without being mobbed by bullets, and bond can take any evidence he wishes, so phoenix will have to keep an eye on quite a few different places

Rise2Shine
_
_

Re: Secret Agent Game Mode Proposal

Post by Rise2Shine » 4 years ago

Sounds like CTF, but then more like team vs 1, so it's escaping yes. I've always liked different kinds of escape modes.
[eXs]Rise2Shine A.k.a. True
Nightfire: Source - Web | Community | Social | Former Level Designer

Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.

ClassicBondForever
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by ClassicBondForever » 4 years ago

Sounds splendid idea. Go for it, mate.
Dry Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by UltimateSniper » 4 years ago

By "different ways in", I assume that almost all of them are not going to be from open-areas? On PC, it's very easy to see a pixel moving, so some sort of careful stealth movements would be impossible without THICK bush-cover. As for having many of them inside, it's going to be pretty damned hard to have a lot of entrances and possible objectives to defend.

I like the idea, but it needs to be evened out a bit before I would start working on it.

I suggest making the whole team soldiers, then one of them is the agent (perhaps with Pierce Brosnan's face), and has to collect the data whilst his/her team covers, and both teams have to defend their blueprints/obtain the enemy's blueprints at the same time (like CTF). - Sound good?
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki

Topic author
click4dylan
_
_

Post by click4dylan » 3 years ago

i came up with a more feasible idea at least for the short term and is easier to develop. i came up with a game mode that involves mi6 spawning in vehicles all around the map, with phoenix spawning at various houses/buildings (bases) around the map which they must defend the MI6 team from stealing the nightfire evidence located in the various buildings around the map. it's MI6's job to drive to the various locations around the map to get the evidence, and if they are able to bring it back to their car they will score the MI6 team a point. after a certain number of points, MI6 team will win unless the clock runs down and then phoenix wins. here's an early concept map i'm working on to see how such a gamemode would play out in real life.

UltimateSniper
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE

Post by UltimateSniper » 3 years ago

Would you not switch sides and then play another round?

This whole idea is actually something like I was trying to do for CTF_Safe, except my idea was more an epic battle of MI6 rushing the Phoenix stronghold to reach the flag on the roof, before getting it all the way down to ground level again (without pjumping off the side of the building). The MI6 flag was just sitting a distance in front of the building.
I may have the answer to your question, but will you ever know the answer if you don't ask?
(Online Nightfire Server List)
See some of my work on the Valve Developer Wiki